Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Star Wars DVD Poll

Community
Search
View Poll Results: What is the REAL reason that George is bringing out the Star Wars trilogy on DVD?
With HD DVD being pushed forward, he is afraid of losing millions of dollars worth of sales on current DVDs before reissuing a current DVD SE Box and then the HD DVDs sometime later.
48.28%
After the critical disaster of SW I and SWII, he needs something to trick people into seeing SWII at the theater.
36.21%
The Zoetrope Building in SF--well, it ain't cheap to keep.
6.90%
The showcase the fabulous new technology of digitally removing all Ewoks from SWIV!
8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Star Wars DVD Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-04, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars DVD Poll

Will all the rumors about the SW DVDs, why not have a poll.

What is the REAL reason that George is bringing out the Star Wars trilogy on DVD? Poll below.
Old 01-24-04, 10:01 PM

Yes, I know. I can't do roman numerals. SWVI. And it should read:

TO showcase the fabulous new technology of digitally removing all Ewoks from SWIV!

But you get the idea.
Old 01-24-04, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Two words: Overwhelming demand.

--LVM
Old 01-24-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After the critical disaster of SW I and SWII, he needs something to trick people into seeing SWII at the theater
You know, from what I have seen in leaked footage and saber practice battles, this third one has me wishing it was 2005 already. Episodes I and II might not have been all that great, but they entertained me for the two hours. Not even zombie jesus walking out of the screen could have met the demands of the people and the hype that was created.

Why is he bringing them out? cause people can't wait till 2006 when he originally planed to release all the films on dvd with the treatment they deserve.
Old 01-24-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Because we want them yesterday so get them out already. 2006 was far too long to wait. Let's get on with it.
Old 01-24-04, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
You know, from what I have seen in leaked footage and saber practice battles, this third one has me wishing it was 2005 already. Episodes I and II might not have been all that great, but they entertained me for the two hours. Not even zombie jesus walking out of the screen could have met the demands of the people and the hype that was created.

Why is he bringing them out? cause people can't wait till 2006 when he originally planed to release all the films on dvd with the treatment they deserve.
Very well said, Jack - agree on all accounts.
Old 01-24-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After the critical disaster of SW I and SWII, he needs something to trick people into seeing SWII at the theater
If you believe that load of crap, and that people need to be tricked to see Episode III, I've got a bridge to sell you. We'll talk after Episode III racks up another huge box office tally.
Old 01-25-04, 01:09 AM
Banned

Just like a 2-hour trainwreck would... I mean, that's what the prequels are to me, one gigantic trainwreck after another...
Old 01-25-04, 05:53 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Terrell
If you believe that load of crap, and that people need to be tricked to see Episode III, I've got a bridge to sell you. We'll talk after Episode III racks up another huge box office tally.
he said "critical" disaster. that's different than box office disaster.

anyway, i agree with a combination of the above. its slightly the HD-DVD thing, and ep. 3 comes out May 05, a few months after this tentative release, and it's only the most wanted DVDs ever!
Old 01-25-04, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LasVegasMichael
Two words: Overwhelming demand.

--LVM
There has been overwhelming demand for quite some time, so I doubt thats the real reason. I tend to think it more overwhelming embarrassment. Its now proven that you can create a trilogy, full of CGI fun, from start to finish in 5 years, AND release excellent quality DVDs. (with one pending). Its not rocket science.

What I find interesting is that my Star Wars friends are not even excited about the original trilogy release now that its sort of kinda been announced. I guess the tide has passed.

Happily, i'm really not one of those fans. I can easily do without the original trilogy. I wonder if this is because I never saw star wars in 77. My mom wouldn't let me go. Come to think of it, I*ll have to thank her for that. :-)
Old 01-25-04, 11:16 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by TCG
he said "critical" disaster. that's different than box office disaster.
Critical disaster? Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are both 63 percent fresh on RT. Not a resounding 100%, but hardly a disaster.

No, he MEANT to say "Whining fanboys on the internet who have nothing better to do than bitch about every little thing Luca$ does". Jesus christ, people - he could have handed out free bricks of gold to every patron after the Phantom Menace and people would still be like "Gee, my gold brick is scuffed and worn. What a jackass!"
Old 01-25-04, 02:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this another

"Prequels ROOL!"
"No, prequels r SUXOR!"
"Ur SUXOR!"

thread? Feels like it's headed that way to me. Closing.