Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Star Trek: The Animated Adventures a possibility?

Old 01-16-04, 04:30 PM

I was over at StarTrek.com and noticed their contest in tribute to the 30th anniversary of Star Trek: The Animated Adventures. (They've got these cool die-cut CD-ROM collections up for grabs.) Anyway, at the bottom of the page is this line:

"Would you like to see the Animated Adventures on DVD? Let us know at [email protected]"

So... they must be seriously thinking about this, right? Send them a note if your interested. I'd personally love to see this happen.

Last edited by Damage; 01-17-04 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-16-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is very erie, as I did the exact same thing today and thought the same thing when I saw it. Perhaps it is a sign we should battle to death on the Vulcan surface to win the right to mate with a Vulcan female. Tra-la! Tra-la, Tra-la, Tra-la!!!!!!

I seriously hope they do. There were some great stories. It's only 22 episodes, so the complete series could easily be a 4 DVD box set (including extras).

Last edited by DVD Josh; 01-16-04 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-16-04, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by wfujosh
Perhaps it is a sign we should battle to death on the Vulcan surface to win the right to mate with a Vulcan female. Tra-la! Tra-la, Tra-la, Tra-la!!!!!!
Hey, can't we settle this over a couple of glasses of tranya? I hope you relish it as much as I. (Ooooh boy, I'm such a geek!)

I seriously hope they do. There were some great stories. It's only 22 episodes, so the complete series could easily be a 4 DVD box set (including extras).
I agree, some very good episodes, including many story arcs from the original series: The Guardian of Forever, Harry Mudd, tribbles, etc. And all the core cast members provided voices, definitely a nice touch for a Saturday morning cartoon.

Looks like TVShowsOnDVD.com has picked this story up as well. (Hey, I've hit the big time! Thanks folks!)
Old 01-16-04, 07:27 PM

Nice going!

I'd LOVE to see this series. I vaguely remember catching some of the episodes years ago on Sat or Sun mornings but I've never had the chance to catch these as an adult. I really hope this gets a huge response.
Old 01-16-04, 10:51 PM

Cool deal, Damage!

Note sent...I've been wanting this, too!
Old 01-17-04, 03:04 AM
Suspended

It's only 22 episodes, so the complete series could easily be a 4 DVD box set (including extras).
And have an MSRP of only 89.99 to boot!
Old 01-17-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

E-mail sent!
Old 01-19-04, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by El-Kabong
And have an MSRP of only 89.99 to boot!

Good one Kabong.

Remember folks It's 22 episodes that are all roughly 22 minutes long. This would probably fit on less that four DVD's.

Regardless...I'd buy this is a flat second. Note sent.
Old 01-19-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But remember, Paramount charges the same price for "Star Trek" product regardless of how many episodes it includes.

The first season of "Voyager" only had sixteen episodes, yet carries the same price as the full 26-episode seasons.
Old 01-19-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Based on ST MSRP, I would expect a $64.99 MSRP on this set.
Old 01-19-04, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Recent Paramount releases of half-hour (22 min.) shows:

Cheers: 22 episodes, 4 discs
Frasier: 24 episodes, 4 discs

So 4 discs for 22 episodes of Star Trek animated sounds about right.
Old 01-20-04, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
But remember, Paramount charges the same price for "Star Trek" product regardless of how many episodes it includes.

The first season of "Voyager" only had sixteen episodes, yet carries the same price as the full 26-episode seasons.
Paramount has recently revamped their pricing structure. Their current releases are much cheaper than older ones, including a number of excellent catalog titles (like The Tenant) with ridiculously low MSRPs of $9.99.

This applies even to the Trek franchise. The Star Trek VI Collectors Edition has a list price of $19.99. The first four CEs were $29.99, and Star Trek V $24.99.
Old 01-20-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It would be nice if the new pricing structure applied retroactively to the season sets. I might be tempted to purchase them if they were more moderately priced.
Old 01-20-04, 05:27 PM
Suspended

I too would love to have remastered good quality DVDs of this series. I own the VHS tapes currently but they are starting to oxidize a little. I sent a note off as well. I hope others will get on the bandwagon!

Ktrek
Old 01-22-04, 07:57 PM

I should mention, the subject of your e-mail should be "ATTN:ANIMATED_DVD" The e-mail link at the top of this thread should do that automatically.
Old 02-01-04, 01:03 PM

:Bump:

Just another reminder to send an email if you're interested in seeing this happen.