Community
Search

Some Like it Hot

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-04, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Like it Hot

Several questions on some Like it Hot
The West Side Story 2 disc had an advertisment for A some Like it Hot DVD that I have never seen realeased. What happened to it?
Are there any plans to release a better Some Like it Hot DVD and was anyone else dissapointed with the current two releases.
Old 01-09-04, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the first one that has no extras and that was good enough for me, i know this movie is considered one of the best movies ever made but i just like it not love it so the bare bones edition was all i needed,i have only watched it twice since i got it about 2 years ago and dont really know when the next time i will watch it will be.I am still glad to have it in my collection though as it is a good movie and is considered one of wilder's best,just dont feel the need to ever upgrade to the special edition much less a 3rd version in the future

Last edited by NEUMANN; 01-09-04 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-18-04, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best way to make it better would be to release it with a anamorphic transfer. But I'm not counting on that anytime soon since MGM doesn't release their 1.66:1 films enhanced for wide screen televisions. Unfortunately that's also the policy Warner Brother takes. I would say just purchase either of the two current versions available.
Old 01-18-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got the SE when it first came out. I think the price difference was like $2 so I figured I might as well get the extra stuff for that minor amount more...