Chaplin: MT-- What's that difference?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-03, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Chaplin's Modern Times DVD what's the difference between the regular 2-Disk version and the Collector's Box version?

I want to get this but I'm not sure what's extra in the Box version and I'm not sure it's worth twice the price.

It'd be great if someone who has the box version were to respond (As much as I appericate it, I would like it if people didn't just blow up the picture and start posting back stuff like "It looks like...") Here's a link to see what I'm talking about.

The Regular Version:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

Box Version:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

___
Also the same situation probably exists for The Great Dictator so if anyone has it and wants to chime in feel free.
---------

Thanks!
Old 12-21-03, 07:55 PM

Location: noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Other than the fact that one's more expensive than the other, the answer's in the "Product Details" portion of the page. They're both the same, except the box version has more crap, like:

- A commemorative booklet, featuring Chaplin essays and images from the motion picture and written by acclaimed Chaplin biographer Jeffrey Vance.
- A collective Senitype, a limited edition numbered image from the motion picture and it's corresponding 35 mm film frame.

Really depends on how much you like the film... more of a "City Lights" guy myself though.
Old 12-21-03, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It also has a soundtrack CD of the score.
Old 12-22-03, 05:17 AM

Ok if that's all then forget that. I mean I would love to have the CD but the rest of it I would look at once and shove on the shelf to collect dust. Not worth 2x the price.

I'll just pick up the regular 2 disc sets.... say these are WB, think it'll work as part of the B2G1 sale....hmmm...