Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

What is official Matrix Revolutions release date?

Old 12-20-03, 09:51 PM

Could it be early Jan. or April?
Old 12-20-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The "RUMOR MILL" at digitalbits.com has it at January 6th! But - KEEP in mind that it's NOT OFFICIAL!

On the other hand, on the very same page at the same website they say April 6th! So, best thing to do is to wait for the official announcement before you get too excited!

Last edited by danwiz; 12-20-03 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-20-03, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think April is more realistic. With January only a week and a half away, we probably would have heard something official already.
Old 12-21-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The latest from Digital Bit's Rumor Mill was April
Old 12-21-03, 02:25 PM

Yeah April sounds more realistic, WB denied the Jan release anyway.
Old 12-21-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: What is official Matrix Revolutions release date?

Originally posted by Lexus_Commodore
Could it be early Jan. or April?
Well, in this thread (posted a mere three minutes before beginning the thread we're on now) you stated April 6th. But you didn't specify a source, so I dunno...may wanna check with...um...yourself.
Old 12-21-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We will get an announcement for the DVD in January (as WB has stated before when they denied the January release date) which means the DVD will probably come out in April. Even if the film didn't pull up a profit (it's -$10 million in the hole), I guarantee you it will sell millions of copies in it's first week of release. Kinda like Reloaded.

I've seen Revolutions four times now and I plan on seeing it a fifth time in IMAX this week since the local IMAX theater near me just started playing it there. I saw it IMAX once somewhere else, but it cost $15 there and costs only $6 down the street from me.
Old 12-22-03, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
We will get an announcement for the DVD in January (as WB has stated before when they denied the January release date) which means the DVD will probably come out in April. Even if the film didn't pull up a profit (it's -$10 million in the hole), I guarantee you it will sell millions of copies in it's first week of release. Kinda like Reloaded.

I've seen Revolutions four times now and I plan on seeing it a fifth time in IMAX this week since the local IMAX theater near me just started playing it there. I saw it IMAX once somewhere else, but it cost $15 there and costs only $6 down the street from me.
I'm too lazy to look it up, but there is just NO WAY that this movie is "in the hole". It was probably profitable in it's first weekend with the worldwide release. You must be looking at US numbers.

Looking forward to the DVD.