problem with Silent Night Deadly Night disc

Old 12-09-03, 02:56 PM

problem with Silent Night Deadly Night disc

Hi guys this is my first post. I have been lurking for a little while now and I have to say that you guys are very informative. I bought the Silent Night Deadly Night / Silent Night Deadly Night 2 disc from Anchor Bay and on chapter 8 at 0:00:32 there is bad pixelation on the Nuns face. I returned the disc twice and all had the same problem, I was curious if anyone here had this problem (maybe a bad batch of discs). I e-mailed Anchor Bay two weeks ago and haven't received a reply.
Old 12-09-03, 04:04 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

boss429, first of all welcome to the forum I have the disc but have nit watch it but will go do so now and post back here
Old 12-09-03, 04:12 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

ok I just opened up my copy and watched this scene, and does yours pixelate right before the nun introduces Billy? The first time through, it looks like a slight pause at this part(such a small pause it would have not been noticeable if I was not looking at it for you) and then the second time I watched this part it played fine.

FYI , I bough mine on release day from FYE.

BTW this movie looks great, I have not seen this movie since about 1997 and that was in P&S on vhs, all I can say about this dvd is WOW I cannot wait until Xmas eve so I can watch this movie
Old 12-09-03, 06:55 PM

Thank you for checking your disc Corky. Yes the picture pixelates right when the Nun intoduces Billy, where yours just seems to pause, mine is a lot worse... only for a second but it is annoying as hell! I have a 5 year old Sony player that has just been flawless, so I'm thinking there is an issue with this disc and different DVD players pick this error up differently since yours paused while mine pixelated at the same spot. Anyone else with this disc please chime in.
Old 12-09-03, 07:25 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

boss, my disc on a samsung dvd player, only paused the first the time I played it, then the second time it no longer paused. I also tried it on my cheap region free player(cyberhome 300) and no pause or pixelation at all
Old 12-21-03, 05:04 PM

I finally got around to watching this last night and mine does the same thing - at the 26:06 mark it pauses for about half a second and then resumes. It looks kind of like a layer change, but since it's a single layer disc it must just be a mastering error/glitch.