Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else have a problem using the DDD coupon?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-03, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried at work, and at home with no success. After picking out all the DVDs I wanted, I entered the "DVDTALK" coupon, and in the shopping cart it adjusted all the prices down 20%. When I click on "go to secure checkout" it seems to lose the coupon though, and all the prices go back to full price. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 12-03-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Is anyone else have a problem using the DDD coupon?

Originally posted by Ghery
I tried at work, and at home with no success. After picking out all the DVDs I wanted, I entered the "DVDTALK" coupon, and in the shopping cart it adjusted all the prices down 20%. When I click on "go to secure checkout" it seems to lose the coupon though, and all the prices go back to full price. Has this happened to anyone else?
Nope . . . I've use both "DVDTALK" and "DVDSALE" without a hitch (and plan on using "USATODAY" on Friday ). That's wierd . . . doesn't sound like a cookie thing or else you would have lost the movies in your cart too.
Old 12-03-03, 01:36 AM

I don't think it's a cookie thing either, when I close the browser and reopen it, it still has the shopping cart. I used a coupon there a couple months ago without any problem. Guess I'll be giving their 800 number a call in the morning.
Old 12-03-03, 02:02 AM

Re: Re: Is anyone else have a problem using the DDD coupon?

Originally posted by talemyn
Nope . . . I've use both "DVDTALK" and "DVDSALE" without a hitch (and plan on using "USATODAY" on Friday ). That's wierd . . . doesn't sound like a cookie thing or else you would have lost the movies in your cart too.
usatoday? what coupon is this?...
Old 12-03-03, 02:16 AM

I used the coupon and I ordered, and thought everything was good. Today, i found out i was billed regular price, like i didnt even use the coupon...im complaining..Anyone else get this problem?
Old 12-03-03, 02:42 AM

If you are logged in to your account when this happens, try logging out, then add a DVD to your cart (still logged out), then putting in the coupon code. Now go to secure checkout & log in. The contents of your saved cart should now be added to the single DVD. You can now adjust the contents of the cart & the coupon should remain active.

There's something screwy about their system with this coupon deal, particularly when people are logged into their accounts.

May not fix your problem, but it's worth a shot.
Old 12-03-03, 09:59 AM
Banned

I had no problem ordering with that coupon just this morning.
Old 12-03-03, 10:05 AM

I logged out, added another dvd, applied the coupon again. Once again, when I clicked Secure Checkout, all the prices went up again. Really annoying.
Old 12-03-03, 10:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Sounds like it may be a problem with your cookies? Are they turned off maybe?
Old 12-03-03, 10:28 AM

Nope, not turned off. Just to experiment, I went into the security options and turned it down to Low, all cookies should work. After the coupon is entered, I can still edit the contents of my shopping cart and it still shows the reduced prices. But it still raises the prices back to normal when I go to the secure checkout.

I'm going to try it on another computer, and then call their 800 number if it doesn't work there.
Old 12-03-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, I've had a problem with the coupon...it's caused me to spend a lot of money I shouldn't have.
Old 12-03-03, 12:31 PM
Banned

Old 12-03-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, not turned off. Just to experiment, I went into the security options and turned it down to Low, all cookies should work. After the coupon is entered, I can still edit the contents of my shopping cart and it still shows the reduced prices. But it still raises the prices back to normal when I go to the secure checkout.

I'm going to try it on another computer, and then call their 800 number if it doesn't work there.
Also try a different browser if you have one . . . sometimes sites work better in one than another.
Originally posted by Sathlin
usatoday? what coupon is this?...
It's another sale code . . . same discount (20%) and same expiration date (12/05) that was, apperantly announced last in DeepDiscountDVD ad in USA Today.

Additionally, I just saw, in the Bargains forum, that there is another one that appears to have the same "stats" as the other three ---> "KLSX"

This brings the total to four that I know of . . . I just wish that they were spread out across the year instead of all being on the same week.
Old 12-03-03, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by DivxGuy
Yeah, I've had a problem with the coupon...it's caused me to spend a lot of money I shouldn't have.
LOL! I bought things I was going to buy anyways, and bought some Christmas gifts. Coupon worked when I called them, so I'm happy. Great prices without the coupon anyways...
Old 12-03-03, 05:40 PM

I ordered a few for Christmas presents this morning with the usatoday code. Everything worked fine technically, but three of the four titles i ordered (Compete Mr. Bean, Sex and the City 1, South Park 1) were out of stock. The only one they had in stock was Oz 1.
Old 12-03-03, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shouldnt this be in the Store Forum?
Old 12-04-03, 05:39 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'm having the same problem. i tried using both Netscape and IE. same problem. if someone figures it out, please tell me ASAP, bc the coupon expires on the 5th.
Old 12-04-03, 11:09 AM

Have the item number for each DVD handy, and call 800-264-5076 and do the order over the phone. They can take the coupon that way.
Old 12-04-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Have the item number for each DVD handy, and call 800-264-5076 and do the order over the phone. They can take the coupon that way.
That's what I had to do after I encountered the same problem. Funny thing was that the CSR never heard of the DVDTALK coupon. After being put on hold (I assume she talked to a manager or something), she applied it with no problem.
Old 12-05-03, 01:35 PM

I ordered online last night, and this is what I experienced (using Netscape):

When I was logged in, there was no coupon box.

When I logged out, the coupon box appeared.

I put the coupon code in, hit update, and all the prices dropped by 20%.

I logged back in, checked the prices (no problem) and submitted my order.