Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

New simpson dvd collection? weird stuff

Old 10-25-03, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'am on some simpsons site and they have pictures of some simpsons dvds called "simpson classics". This may be uk only but I'am not sure.

This is what is said: DVD releases
Surfing thru my dvd store online, play.com, I saw many new dvd releases, featuring 4 theme related episodes. None of them seems to have any extra material, and probably only made for those who can't wait for the season dvds to be released. The covers, however, looks extremely beautiful.

It wont let me steal the pics so heres the link:

http://www.duffzone.co.uk/content.php?title=news

Either way, super weird stuff. I never even heard of them before so its pretty weird. Anymore info?
Old 10-26-03, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice cover art but why the hell are they wasting there time with this crap instead of working on the season sets?
Old 10-26-03, 12:31 AM

very nice coverart indeed. And i agree, why do they do this? Most likely just to make more money which is beat. They should forget these holiday and classic sets and just do the seasons like you said.
Old 10-26-03, 04:40 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

does anyone know if these are in a cardboard packaging or a keepcase, if it is kinda of like WB 2disc sets(but most likely they arne't) I will be buying them just for the artwork
Old 10-26-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know how pointless these releases are? The "Greatest Hits" one includes 2 episodes already on DVD in the season sets (Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire, Bart Gets an F). Plus "Simpsons Roasting..." is also on the just-released Christmas compilation disc. Speaking of which, "Marge Be Not Proud" was on that compilation (to make room for the non-Christmas episode "Mr. Plow") but IS on this new "Bart Wars" disc. Anything to make money, eh, FOX?
Old 10-26-03, 12:54 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

I went for theTreehouse of Horrors disc because it was cheap and I love those shows--and given the volume numbers, would not be in the season sets for several years. I know in that time, I will watch it at least every Halloween, if not more.

That being said, the rest do inspire some real head scratching. But then, maybe the assume there are people who are more cursory fans that won't buy the full seasons, but might get into a $10 "Greatest Hits"?
Old 10-26-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I remember that the Too Hot For TV collection used to be available as a VCD. These could all simply be re-releases of old VCDs.