Thinking of waiting for The Matrix Trilogy boxset

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-03, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big Matrix fan, in fact, The Matrix was the first DVD I ever bought.

However, with The Matrix Reloaded DVD soon to be released, and The Matrix Revolutions so soon to be in theatres, thus resulting in a fairly quick DVD release, I'm thinking of skipping The Matrix Reloaded DVD, and just getting the Trilogy boxset.

What do you think? It's sure to have something extra, and probably look much cooler. Besides, I don't like the snapper the first DVD is in.

It probably won't be that long of a wait, I think I can endure it, for something better.

EDIT: This is also assuming that there will be a trilogy boxset.
Old 10-05-03, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did they even announce a boxset?
Old 10-05-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
No, we have no idea whether there will be a boxset. Even if there is, we don't know when it will be released, and what it will contain. It could be a year or more after Revolutions is released on DVD.
Old 10-05-03, 01:51 PM

There probably will be a box set coming, but probably not until late 2004. That way Revolutions can come out on DVD and then they'll SE the original Matrix.
Old 10-05-03, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am sure one day there will be, I have thought about this also, but for $15 with Reloaded and I am sure Revolutions comes out, i will get them both on release day.
Old 10-05-03, 02:17 PM

Ok, thanks for the ideas.

I may get it previewed @ Blockbuster for $10, and then splurge on the boxset.
Old 10-05-03, 02:31 PM

I'll wait for a boxset myself. Maybe it will also have the Animatrix in it which i dont own also.
Old 10-05-03, 02:34 PM

I've heard unofficially that they're doing big special editions after the movie's finished, and that's why there's a lack of extras (worthwhile extras, that is) on the Reloaded disc. I'm waiting as well ...
Old 10-05-03, 02:35 PM

I think that the box set will need an extra disc to allow for the rumored super-extended scene of Morpheus' Dance Party.

Be that as it may, I am getting the DVDs as they come out. Can't wait for Reloaded next week.
Old 10-05-03, 02:39 PM
SeeNo Member

Originally posted by Half-Joey
I'll wait for a boxset myself. Maybe it will also have the Animatrix in it which i dont own also.

I don't own the animatrix either but that would be a good idea for warner to include it in the box.
Old 10-05-03, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by StevenSpielberg
I don't own the animatrix either but that would be a good idea for warner to include it in the box.
Yeah, good call... that would be a nice extra disc for the boxset.
Old 10-05-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think there's a new trend of releasing a completely new set of extras on special edition re-issues (e.g. LOTR, reportedly Kill Bill), which makes the original release still attractive.
Old 10-05-03, 10:53 PM

I already bought a disc full of Matrix extras. It is called The Matrix Revisted.

Honestly all I really care about is the quality of the video and audio. After that, extended scenes. And that's really about it.
Old 10-05-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got the Matrix Revisited and the Animatrix already. Can't imagine that a box set will include THAT much more new stuff. I'll be picking it up next week.
Old 10-06-03, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dont have any discs of any matrix films or extras so I am waiting for the box set.
Old 10-06-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't own the first Matrix anymore.... but I will pick up the 2nd installment. If there is a boxset release...I'll just sell my single copy on ebay!
Old 10-06-03, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The only thing I'd probably replace is the original Matrix if they come out with a keepcase of that. But other than that, I'm just going to buy these movies as they come out.
Old 10-06-03, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll pick up Reloaded already knowing that there will be a trilogy boxed set sometime in the future. My plan is just to sell off the individual titles and then buy the boxed set whenever it comes out.
Old 10-06-03, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll pick up Reloaded already knowing that there will be a trilogy boxed set sometime in the future. My plan is just to sell off the individual titles and then buy the boxed set whenever it comes out.
Exactly what I'm going to do
Old 10-06-03, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had the first DVD of The Matrix, but it got stolen. I've seen it plenty of times though, and I wasn't overly impressed with Reloaded, so I decided I'd just wait for the inevitable box set.

das
Old 10-06-03, 08:08 AM
Cool New Member

this is what i want

what im hoping for is that when they release revolutions they will release a boxset on the same day that will include:

Matrix SE
Matrix: Reloaded
Matrix: Revolutions
Animatrix
and a bonus disc with any more stuff that the wachowski's want to add to the set

Matrix SE would be that edition that was supposed to come out right before reloaded did but they pull it because they said it would spoil some of the stuff in the two sequels.
Old 10-06-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mzupeman2
The only thing I'd probably replace is the original Matrix if they come out with a keepcase of that. But other than that, I'm just going to buy these movies as they come out.
I never wait. I get them as they come out. If they do a 'Austin Powers' on me, I'll get that too. I will just loan out the snappers and not let the Keep cases out of the house. I just wish Blade 1 would be put in a Keep case so it can sit next to Blade 2. Snappers are not allowed to interact with keep cases in my library of DVDs. I am GOD and can do as I please.
Old 10-06-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My roommate owned a copy of the original movie so I decided to wait to get it for my collection. Then he got married and moved out and now, whenever anybody asks me if I have a copy, I honestly can't remember if I ever bought one after he left. I guess that shows how important it is form me to have these movies as in my collection as soon as they have been released.

P.S. - I just checked and, nope . . . I don't own it. Guess I'll just wait for the box set.
Old 10-06-03, 10:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by pagansoul
I just wish Blade 1 would be put in a Keep case so it can sit next to Blade 2. Snappers are not allowed to interact with keep cases in my library of DVDs.
you should be more tolerant of the less fortunate.

I'm definitely waiting for a trilogy boxset. One thing I hope it has the that first two releases don't is a commentary track from the Wachowskis. Their track on Bound was great until the actors started showing up. If the box had the 3 movies w/all their previous features, the commentary I mentioned, the Animatrix and Matrix Revisited that would be fine.
Old 10-06-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully they will release the footage from the Enter the Matrix video game as a special feature in the boxset.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.