Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyone know about Freddy vs Jason DVDetails?

Community
Search

Anyone know about Freddy vs Jason DVDetails?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-03, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by retihsuhnt
Okay I really like Jason, but come on "that other guy" is not a knock against anyone.
It's a huge knock, as A) Ronny Yu is a hack at best, and B) he was the co-star of the movie.
Can't the director at least acknowledge his freaking name?
Old 10-07-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You really think Hodder asked for that much? I'm really curious. Everyone on the press circuits seems to think he's real down to earth and a great guy. I can't imagine he grew a huge set and asked for more than the execs were willing to pay.

I think it's a real shame they didn't use him for the film and it's part of the reason I didn't waste my time or money on this film......yet.
Old 10-07-03, 08:23 PM

Ronny Yu has probably done a hundred interviews and met dozens of people every day - Don't you think mental fatigue can set in? Especially when he's probably been referring to him as Jason 90% of the time and hasn't worked with the guy in months. Besides, have you heard Yu speak? English is obviously not his first language. Can you imagine how ****ing hard it is to say "Kirzinger" for a guy with that kind of accent?
Old 10-07-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also hope the tv spots are included this time around(though doubt it) unlike Jason X. I never saw one of them. Yet heard there were a few different types & all pretty cool/kick ass/amusing.
Old 10-08-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
It's a huge knock, as and B) he was the co-star of the movie.
Oh come on this is his first "acting" role, he has been a stuntman/coordinator for his entire career. And I agree with Spartan that for 90% of the press he has simply been refering to the two (2) characters by their names.

On the Hodder asking for more money front, I was simply passing along what I had read earlier in the production process. I wasnt knocking Hooder and of the interviews and "meet and greets" that I have read about Hodder really seems to be a "straight shooter."
Old 10-08-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think Chucky versus Predator would be an excellent match-up. They totally need to figure out a way to bring Jennifer Tilly back in, she's the best supporting character Chucky's ever had.
Old 10-08-03, 02:21 PM

What I heard about Hodder not being in the film was that they wanted someone taller/larger and someone who could emote sadness in their eyes or whatever, which sounded stupid but you can see where they used it in the movie.