Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

The Lion King 1 1/2 2-Disc Set 2-10-04

Old 10-06-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the first Cheapquel to get a 2-Disc set?
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...d=551754&tab=5
That's amazing, Treasure Planet and Lilo & Stich can't get 2-Disc SE but a Direct To Video sequel can. Disney is Weird
Old 10-06-03, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Lilo and Stitch is supposed to get one in January
Old 10-06-03, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by fumanstan
Lilo and Stitch is supposed to get one in January
more info here?
Old 10-06-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you didn't know about the 2 disc lilo and stitch seeker? sheesh, that leg thing really got you out of the loop.

the 2 disc is on for next year.
Old 10-06-03, 06:39 PM
SeeNo Member

I didn't know either.
Old 10-06-03, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I knew a 2-Disc Lilo & Stitch is suppose to be released early next year, but it's not available for pre-order yet & why didn't disney release a 2-Disc with the 1-Disc? Dumb Disney
Old 10-06-03, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by JJE-187
I knew a 2-Disc Lilo & Stitch is suppose to be released early next year, but it's not available for pre-order yet & why didn't disney release a 2-Disc with the 1-Disc? Dumb Disney
First of all it's Di$ney JJE. Get it right..

Secondly, Alice In Wonderland & Pocahontas are also being rereleased..

Thirdly, this is all part of the va$t Di$ney con$piracy to get con$umer$ ranting and raving about being FORCED to double dip..

[though, in all honesty, the one disc'er didn't make sense to me either...but no one held a gun to my head to buy it...Although, that's the excuse i'm gonna use to explain my purchase of the sequel "Stitch"...]
Old 10-06-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
release schedules? Links?
Old 10-06-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
for all things Disney...
Old 10-07-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The insert for Sleeping Beauty indicated 2 disc sets for Alice in Wonderland, Pocahontis, Lilo & Stich, and Mary Poppins in 2004.

No Mulan.
Old 10-07-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by JJE-187
From the posts regarding Lilo and Stitch back when the single disc was released... Disney was going to release only single disc versions of their discs with the belief that 2 disc special editions weren't generating any profit, or at least werent worth the costs to produce because there wasn't as much interest in them. I suppose they changed their stance... although i wouldn't expect a 2 disc set for Treasure Planet
Old 10-07-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

After looking at the 'preview' for Lion King 1 1/2 that I got with my Lion King set this morning, all I have to say is:

Why does pretty much every straight to video Disney movie suck big time?
Old 10-07-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mzupeman2
After looking at the 'preview' for Lion King 1 1/2 that I got with my Lion King set this morning, all I have to say is:

I actually thought Lion King 2 was pretty good.. but that's the exception really. They're not made to be "classics" they're made to sell to kids who just want to see the characters again, therefore little love is put into them.
Old 10-07-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by PixyJunket
I actually thought Lion King 2 was pretty good.. but that's the exception really. They're not made to be "classics" they're made to sell to kids who just want to see the characters again, therefore little love is put into them.
Agreed, and that's what takes away from these Disney films that are just meant to make some money by selling them to little kids who are already obsessed with the characters
Old 10-07-03, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the worst I ever saw was "Return of Jafar." Wow was that horrible and the voice of the Genie wasn't done well at all. Of course they aren't going to pay Robin Williams big bucks if the kiddies don't care what the Genie sounds like.
Old 10-07-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Agreed, and that's what takes away from these Disney films that are just meant to make some money by selling them to little kids who are already obsessed with the characters
Perhaps they need to start realizing that there are "grown-ups" that are as equally as obsessed with these characters* and want to see a sequel [besides Toy Story] that's worthy of the original. Guess that's Mr. "Forward thinking" Eisner for ya..

*[Hell, I watched Lion King 5 times yesterday..]

Another side note: One of the Lion King's docs had the filmmakers talking about how the Lion King was the "B" movie while Pochahontas was supposed to be the "A" movie. I think they start to stop making "A" movies and concentrate on the "B" flicks..
Old 10-07-03, 01:11 PM

Is the trailer stating direct to video? There was a rumor floating in the animation boards that Disney was going to pull the d-t-v release and send it out to the theaters.
Old 10-07-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by danicus007
I think the worst I ever saw was "Return of Jafar." Wow was that horrible and the voice of the Genie wasn't done well at all. Of course they aren't going to pay Robin Williams big bucks if the kiddies don't care what the Genie sounds like.
You didn't think Homer Simpson did a good job...?!?!

Old 10-07-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I think for TLK 1 1/2 they're going to take the original film, change some of the animation, add a new song, and include an updated sound mix.

Oh, wait...
Old 10-07-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

toy story 2 was suppose to be straight to video..
Old 10-07-03, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lion King = Hamlet
Lion King 1 1/2 = Rosencrantz & Guildenstirn Are Dead ?
Old 10-07-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Oh and about Return Of Jafar. Good god. It was only like an hour long too wasn't it? or 65 minutes? and those sequals to the little mermaid, and peter pan, and the list goes on and on. BLEH. The third Aladdin movie was gold compared to ROJ.

Yeah, I know Toy Story 2 was supposed to be straight to video. But it makes sense that they made it out to be a great film. Toy Story 2 was the sequal to the very first computer animated film by Disney. And the team working on Toy Story 2 probably really cared enough to really bring it some good shelf life. And it also really helped that they had all the original cast voices as well. Half the time I'm watching these disney sequals, I just can't stand the different voices. Replacing the voice of the genie in ROJ, would be the equivalent of getting somebody else to do the voice of Darth Vader.... erm... Mufasa, lol. I HATE alternate voices. I also hate it when a cast for a live film gets butchered as well, for example. one of the worst sequals i've EVER seen, Mortal Kombat:Annihilation. But it's too bad that some of the higher rated movies in Disney like, The Lion King, Aladdin, 'A Goofy Movie', all get highly underrated sequals. I mean out of all the 'sequals' that didn't make it to the theaters for Disney, I'd say that 'Lion King 2' was probably the better one, and even at that, it still wasn't anything to marvel about.
Old 10-07-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Lion King = Hamlet
Funny you metion that because Lion King 2 = Romeo & Juliet.
Old 10-07-03, 02:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Lion King = Hamlet
Hamlet + Kimba the White Lion = Lion King
Old 10-07-03, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rogue588
Another side note: One of the Lion King's docs had the filmmakers talking about how the Lion King was the "B" movie while Pochahontas was supposed to be the "A" movie. I think they start to stop making "A" movies and concentrate on the "B" flicks..
yeah, I think I laughed when I listened to that

I doubt I will even bother watching 1.5.
I know I'm not the target market, but I would prefer not to see characters I love be poorly animated and acted and stuck in lame situations.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.