DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Anyone know about Freddy vs Jason DVDetails? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/320427-anyone-know-about-freddy-vs-jason-dvdetails.html)

WNYXican 09-27-03 10:36 AM

Anyone know about Freddy vs Jason DVDetails?

Was wondering if this was posted here or at any other site...also wondering when it will hit the streets and what will be on this disc when it comes out...What would you guys wanna see?

eiker_ir 09-27-03 12:52 PM

it's supposed to be a 2 disc set, but no specs or details have been said. But this is New Line and i'm sure they'll deliver the goods.

I read the DVD was being put together by the same guys that did the Blade 2 DVD, so we can spect good stuff.

I personally want to see deleted scenes, documentaries on both Freddy and Jason, a making of, etc...

and a isolated music track!

avrilfan 09-27-03 06:21 PM

From what I understand, robert englund confirmed, at least in an article I read, that there will be deleted scenes,and the talk about alternate endings to look forward to.however this might change.
I;m sure they will be a commentary by ronny yu as well, but havent heard if that is written in stone. i'm hoping that robert englund will provide an audio commentary for this release, I'm really enjoyed his commentary on the boogymen dvd. this is the first i've heard that it will be a 2 disc set, but you never know. as of yet, there is nothing regarding the dvd release at the offical site or roberts offical site. although i'v saw that is will be here in dec. of this year. although dont know which dates yet. although that might change. hopefully it will be out before christmas for that matter

Rammsteinfan 09-27-03 11:39 PM

It would be cool to see....
Anamorphic Widescreen
Commentary by Ronny Yu, Robert England, and maybe some others actors
Commentary by Freddy and Jason (Not like Jason would say much)
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Ending via Seamless Branching
Making Of features
History of Freddy and Jason documentaries
Visual Effects/Makeup Effects features
Trailers
Rom Content: Script, website, wallpapers, etc

SpaceBoy 09-28-03 08:34 AM

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
This would be hilarious! I sure hope they have this..

paradicelost 09-28-03 01:32 PM

i was hoping for a pre-halloween release but since it just came out in August and since it is doing so well(at least it was), i doubt that will happen.

DonnachaOne 09-28-03 01:52 PM

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...t=freddy+jason

mikewendt 09-28-03 02:09 PM

History of Freddy and Jason documentaries...

The Jason part might be tough since New Line only owns 2 of his films.

paradicelost 09-28-03 03:59 PM

Originally posted by mikewendt
The Jason part might be tough since New Line only owns 2 of his films.
didn't they have something similiar to that on the Jason X dvd. And they did only have scenes from the 2 they own. I wish they'd get together with Paramount and put together a nice little doc.

Sunday Morning 09-29-03 12:25 AM

Hopefully the dvd will be better than the movie. And knowing new line's track record, it will be. And probably much, much better.

Kinyo 09-29-03 07:36 AM

Anamorphic Widescreen
Commentary by Ronny Yu, Robert England, and maybe some others actors
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Ending via Seamless Branching
Making Of features
History of Freddy and Jason documentaries
Visual Effects/Makeup Effects features
Trailers
Rom Content: Script, website, wallpapers, etc

Add DTS and I'll get it in a heartbeat.

b0bafett 10-01-03 12:06 AM

Just read this on bloody-disgusting.com :

Fangoria writes, "Fango just got the first word on the video release of FREDDY VS. JASON, the slasher matchup that has grossed over $80 million at the box office for New Line. The movie debuts January 13, 2004 on VHS and DVD?or, to be more specific, a two-disc Platinum Series release. This package will include audio commentaries, deleted/alternate scenes, documentaries including featurettes on the visual FX and stunts/fights, music videos and more." Just like I said kiddies, we won't be waiting until late February, that would have been rediculous.

Rammsteinfan 10-01-03 01:10 AM

I want it now... :(

stinkeye 10-07-03 09:52 AM

ain't it cool has it straight from Yu's mouth:

http://www.aint-it-cool.com/display.cgi?id=16250

LivingINClip 10-07-03 10:04 AM

Per Bloody Disgusting...
http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.p...plate=newsfull

Yu says that other ending will be on the forthcoming DVD. "It will be on there. Most definitely. But I'm not telling you who wins in that one", he laughs. "There's a great DVD coming actually. I love it. It's called a Platinum Collectors edition and it'll be two discs. On the first disc we will have this whole feature on the evolution of both series with interviews and everything, leading right up to Freddy vs. Jason. And then we have some deleted scenes, including some of the CGI stuff that I just didn't think worked. There are also two commentaries - One just me by myself, and then one with Englund and the guy that plays Jason"."

"And with "Freddy vs.Jason" doing so well at the overseas box office, is there talk of any more? "After the box office returns on this one, they're already taking about it. And if they want me back, I'd be happy to come back. The fans really want another one. This time, I think we should split Freddy and Jason up though and bring in someone like Michael Myers."

"Yu says he'd also be interested in directing the much-talked about "Elm Street" prequel, that Robert Englund's flying the flag for. "I'd love to. Robert is so for it. I mean, he's so into Freddy. He's just so good at it."

"Another iconic horror character making a comeback according to the grapevine is Chucky. Yu directed the last instalment, "Bride of Chucky". "They've been talking about it for so long, doing another one. But I really enjoyed doing Bride. It came down to the fact that they just had a great script. It was a great experience. I learnt on Hong Kong movies how to successfully mix-match both the horror and comedy genre's and I think made it work here, and also for Freddy vs. Jason."

SunMonkey 10-07-03 10:11 AM

Originally posted by stinkeye
ain't it cool has it straight from Yu's mouth:

http://www.aint-it-cool.com/display.cgi?id=16250

Sounds like a winner to me.

Thunderball 10-07-03 10:42 AM

Is it January yet?

DVD_O_Rama 10-07-03 10:52 AM

Originally posted by LivingINClip
Yu says that other ending will be on the forthcoming DVD. "It will be on there. Most definitely. But I'm not telling you who wins in that one", he laughs. "There's a great DVD coming actually. I love it. It's called a Platinum Collectors edition and it'll be two discs. On the first disc we will have this whole feature on the evolution of both series with interviews and everything, leading right up to Freddy vs. Jason. And then we have some deleted scenes, including some of the CGI stuff that I just didn't think worked. There are also two commentaries - One just me by myself, and then one with Englund and the guy that plays Jason"."

Ouch.
That's got to make Ken Kirzinger feel really good, now doesn't it?

Cheers,
Erik

MasterofDVD 10-07-03 02:29 PM

Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
Ouch.

I was thinking the same thing. That's pretty cold from a director. I can see that from a bigger director but he seemed more down to earth than others out there.

CreatureX 10-07-03 03:33 PM

I hope they include the Las Vegas "pre-fight" press conference. That was hilarious.

matome 10-07-03 03:51 PM

Sounds good to me!

paradicelost 10-07-03 05:46 PM

Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
Ouch.

Cheers,
Erik

Yeah that can't make the guy feel good, but after Ronny Yu being one of the major players in giving Kane Hodder(one of the nicest guys i've ever met) the shaft, it doesn't surprise me.

retihsuhnt 10-07-03 05:58 PM

Okay I really like Jason, but come on "that other guy" is not a knock against anyone. Hodder grew some balls (for some reason or another) and asked for more money to make this film and the execs said we could put anyone behind a mask and make the movie. And guess what they did, this is Kirzinger's first really "big" break into mainstream hollywood.

Back on topic, this two (2) disc edition sounds like a winner.

CaseyB 10-07-03 06:00 PM

Sounds great to me! :) Thanks for the info.

buckee1 10-07-03 06:30 PM

Originally posted by retihsuhnt
Okay I really like Jason, but come on "that other guy" is not a knock against anyone. Hodder grew some balls (for some reason or another) and asked for more money to make this film and the execs said we could put anyone behind a mask and make the movie. And guess what they did, this is Kirzinger's first really "big" break into mainstream hollywood.

Back on topic, this two (2) disc edition sounds like a winner.

I was curious as to why Hodder was absent from this one. Thanks for the info.