Reload this Page >

WWE: The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection 3 Disc Set -----> 11/18

Community
Search

WWE: The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection 3 Disc Set -----> 11/18

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-03, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, they had about 20 of them at Coconuts today. How are they sold out?
Old 11-21-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Damien666Omen
Man, they had about 20 of them at Coconuts today. How are they sold out?
Well Monkey was checking in from Georgia, one of the three biggest Flair hotbeds in all the land, so it's not suprising to me that it'd be sold out there. I'd imagine North Carolina and Minnesota are also pretty tough to track down.
Old 11-21-03, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by The Nature Boy
I couldn't agree more. I think the stuff with Savage and Liz was too time sensitive to Liz's passing, but with time, a year down the line, it'd stand as more of a tribute. I"m certainly hoping we get more with the red hot sales this is genearting. These kind of sets can be a great savior to the WWE who has seen business take a big dip as the big names no longer wrestle(Austin, Foley, Rock, Hogan). They cost no more than the time it takes to make them, and are great gifts to the fans(that compensate the company well so win-win).

I'd think there is enough, and hope for another 2 disc set of Flair, a 2 disc set dedicated to the Horsemen, and if we get the rumoured Wargames disc, that'd be fantastic. I gotta be honest though, I'd kill for a Flair treatment on the Dusty material. I know he's not the current legend flair is, and his matches lack the artistry of Flair's but that fat man could talk and get you ready to watch a fight. It's too much Vince has bad blood with some of these guys, because how great would 3 disc sets be of:

Piper
Savage
Steamboat
Jake Roberts

Man, I'd pay 40 bucks for each of those, if they were as comprehensive as the flair material.
Werd. I'd love to see a Foley set as comprehensive as this. Or a Piper, Savage, Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, the entire Hart family, the entire Von Erich family, or Andre set. Vince needs to simply give these pissed off wreslters the money they deserve so he can put this stuff out. If that Wargames disc turns out to be true, I'm all up ons.

I know its not much, however I also know they don't get words of support too often, so I've sent words of praise to their front office on this disc. I snapped up 3 of these discs on Tuesday, paying full retail for each. One for me and two for Christmas gifts. The artwork on the box is superb. When I open it up and I have old school Flair and JR on one side and Sting in a headlock on the other, I know I have something special.

If Vince were smart, he'd start releasing as much of the old NWA/WCW stuff as he could lay his hands on. I'd pay in blood for a set of Starcades, Clash of the Champions, or Wargames.
Old 11-21-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was also shocked to see JR announcing for nwa/wcw, its the one time when he wasn't incredably annoying like he is now.
Old 11-21-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth The Nature Boy •<HR SIZE=1>Well Monkey was checking in from Georgia, one of the three biggest Flair hotbeds in all the land, so it's not suprising to me that it'd be sold out there. I'd imagine North Carolina and Minnesota are also pretty tough to track down. <HR SIZE=1>

Good point. Try to find an OutKast or R.E.M. CD down here too, and the same thing happens.

Btw, I too would pay in blood/platelets/marrow/kidneys for Starrcades and Clashes.

das
Old 11-22-03, 12:59 AM

An FYI for the Bret Hart fans. The documentary "Wrestling With Shadows" airs on the Biography Channel 11/28 at 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Eastern time. Many think this is the greatest wrestling documentary of all time. It has some excellent footage from the infamous Survivor Series.
Old 11-24-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Originally posted by das Monkey
Questions I have for people with the set:

1) Where the **** can I buy this thing B&M?
2) Why the **** is everyone sold out?

Everyone I've talked to is like, "I can't believe it's selling this well." Idiots ... it's Flair. Just because you're too dumb to recognize him as the greatest wrestler of all time doesn't mean the rest of us are. Stock those shelves, dammit!

das
Word. I know that you're in Atlanta, and I'm in Raleigh, so wtf can't we find this anywhere? BB didn't even order it last week, and an associate, a fellow Flair mark, couldn't believe it either.
Old 11-24-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

well I found plenty of copies at the local fye for 26.99
Old 11-24-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by weargle
Word. I know that you're in Atlanta, and I'm in Raleigh, so wtf can't we find this anywhere? BB didn't even order it last week, and an associate, a fellow Flair mark, couldn't believe it either.
The newest BB in Raleigh (capital blvd) had 2 or 3 copies on Friday at $27.99.
Old 11-25-03, 01:25 AM

Got my set in the mail from DDD today! Wooooooooooooo! I think I'm going to take in all three discs in one day over the long weekend.

For those who missed Raw tonight it looked as if Ric broke his nose after being whipped off into the ropes. I also noticed they're plucking his eyebrows which looks very...strange.
Old 11-25-03, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Originally posted by Dubya
The newest BB in Raleigh (capital blvd) had 2 or 3 copies on Friday at $27.99.
I said "Raleigh" because not everybody knows where Morrisville is. Cary Crossroads BB BTW.
Old 11-25-03, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by CaseyB
An FYI for the Bret Hart fans. The documentary "Wrestling With Shadows" airs on the Biography Channel 11/28 at 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Eastern time. Many think this is the greatest wrestling documentary of all time. It has some excellent footage from the infamous Survivor Series.

Sweet! Thanks
Old 11-27-03, 02:21 AM

For those who still haven't ordered...you can now use the code usatoday for an additional 20% off at DDD bringing the total to $16.80!
Old 11-27-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Just finished all three discs and this is one impressive set. It was so enjoyable I hope they do a vol 2 with 10 more hours of flair matches. At the very least I hope sets like this become standard releases from the WWE.
Old 11-30-03, 03:04 PM

I finished my set last night. Excellent job by the WWE! It was nice to see Flair making his comments in "shoot" style instead of being in character. Even though I have most of the wrestling matches through the years it was wonderful to see them again...especially on DVD. The Piper/Flair work out was the first time I had seen that and it was classic stuff.

I was really looking forward to the Flair tribute after the HHH match and that certainly lived up to my expectations. It even made me tear up a bit.

With the DVDTALK online coupon code for DeepDiscountDVD this is a steal. This gets my highest recommendation.
Old 12-04-03, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody have problems with the third disc? There's no bonus materials section I can jump to? When i select chapters, it only brings up three choices.
Old 12-04-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Saw the whole thing over Thanksgiving week. What an amazing person! Was blown away by his speech he gave during his celebration when the wrestlers all came out to pay him tribute. The night/celebration was ALL about him and he STILL put over the other guys in the locker room over himself! Class act.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by edytwinky
Anybody have problems with the third disc? There's no bonus materials section I can jump to? When i select chapters, it only brings up three choices.
hit what ever chapter you want, and then in there is where the bonus stuff is. I had to figure that part out too, and its the same way for all three discs.
Old 12-04-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The case has to be even worse than black hawk down because you can barely remove the discs!