Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Saved By The Bell - Couple issues

Saved By The Bell - Couple issues

Old 10-12-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Wormwood
Anyone know what order the episodes are really supposed to be in?
Well, the only problem chronologically on the DVD is having "King of the Hill" not be first. Not like continuity was ever a really big deal for them, but here is a production order list:

http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/SbtB/Ordered-List.html

It also shows us what episodes we can expect in what NBC considers Seasons 3, 4, and 5, for the future DVD releases.
Old 10-15-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BongTokin Chuck
Did anyone else notice that the theme song(intro) sounds way different on the season 2 episodes?
I don't think it's just in the season 2 episodes, the different theme songs seem to alternate almost. The first time I heard the "different" one I could have sworn it was George Michaels singing - which would make sense since he is talked about in like 5 episodes. I definitely don't remember this when the series aired.

I was also wondering if they reframed the show for dvd, because I have seen a boom mic in almost every single episode. It gets kind of annoying.
Old 10-15-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jonny2k1
I was also wondering if they reframed the show for dvd, because I have seen a boom mic in almost every single episode. It gets kind of annoying.
Are you watching it on a PC? (No overscan...)

I compared one episode on the disc to a TBS airing when it aired, and framing was identical. Just made me appreciate how much sharper and clearer the DVD image was (plus the scenes cut for syndication!)
Old 10-16-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LBPound
Are you watching it on a PC? (No overscan...)

I compared one episode on the disc to a TBS airing when it aired, and framing was identical. Just made me appreciate how much sharper and clearer the DVD image was (plus the scenes cut for syndication!)
I've been watching the last few episodes on my PC during lunch. Does that make a difference in seeing boom mics?
Old 10-16-03, 03:10 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Yes it does, because your computer screen does not have the 5%(avg.) overscan that your tv does

Lbpound, what scens were cut for symdication?
Old 10-16-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes it does, because your computer screen does not have the 5%(avg.) overscan that your tv does
My TV surely doesn't, cause I calibrated it to eliminate overscan.
Old 10-16-03, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Corky Roxbury

Lbpound, what scens were cut for symdication?
Well, there tends to be at least a minute or so - usually it's just a couple of scenes that are shortened. Like in the one I compared - "The Friendship Business", when the gang is looking at Zack and feeling sorry for him as he closes down shop (as a prelude to "Belding's wearing one - can't get more defective than that!" madness)...there's a few more lines. Also, there's more on the DVD of the other businesses doing their report (the folding surfboard, the pocket protector protector). It all adds up to a little over a minute, and this holds true for any episode that runs like 23:15 on the set, and that's a good number of them. TBS trims to 22 minutes and 7 seconds of show.