~Official DVD Storage Thread~

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-03, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DVD storage situation is out of control! I'm running out of room and ideas. Please share pictures of your storage units and/or clever ideas to keep them hidden away but neat and organized.

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry if this should be in OT, but I thought it was a DVD thing!
Old 08-22-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, what are you using now to store your DVD's?
What size room do you have to hold them in?
What kind of solution are you looking for, do you want them readily available, do you want them hidden, do you want them all displayed?

I use this to hold my DVD's, but mine is just about full, and i'm debating what to do next, since I'm looking to buy a house, gotta see if these will work with my decor (when I find one of course)

You can get some ideas at www.thejungles.com
Old 08-22-03, 11:10 AM

I don't want them on display for all to see. I want a storage unit that I can keep in a closet or out of the way. I really want to see the choices other people have made because if there is something interesting, then I will use that. It gets more difficult with every DVD I add to the collection. I store them in a German "schrank" which belongs to my landlord. It will not be going with me when I go back to the states in November.
Old 08-22-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by tboogie
I don't want them on display for all to see. I want a storage unit that I can keep in a closet or out of the way.
this may not help and I dont have pics, but when you say closet...I light up. I converted a walk-in closet into my film vault, adding shelves for both my 1,000+ dvd collection and my film books. it's secured with an electronic lock. I built enough shelving to hold another 5 or 600 discs...which will be my limit...I think. anyway, instead of looking for something to put them in while in the closet...maybe make the closet the actual storage unit. just a thought.
Old 08-22-03, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
this may not help and I dont have pics, but when you say closet...I light up. I converted a walk-in closet into my film vault, adding shelves for both my 1,000+ dvd collection and my film books. it's secured with an electronic lock. I built enough shelving to hold another 5 or 600 discs...which will be my limit...I think. anyway, instead of looking for something to put them in while in the closet...maybe make the closet the actual storage unit. just a thought.
Now that's sounds tight! If you get the chance to take a pic, please post it. Perhaps when I'm hunting for an apartment, I'll make sure I have two walk-in closets--one for movies and one for clothes.
Old 08-22-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I made a shelf once, but had to leave it behind when I moved accross country. A shame.

Now I just used some book case with adjustable shelfs/ I'm quickly running out of room though.
Old 08-22-03, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I buy my DVD storage shelf from OfficeMax. Each shelf has a footprint of 19.5" by 6" and can hold about 175 DVDs.
Old 08-22-03, 05:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are plenty of threads out there if you search for "store OR storage" in titles only in the DVD Talk forum. Here's the most recent one:

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....ore+OR+storage

Closing duplicate.