Community
Search

Back to the Future Trilogy fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-03, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the Future Trilogy fixed?

Does anyone know how to tell if the BTTF that I have is the fixed version or not? I have been curious about this, but haven't been able to tell the difference, (without actually watching discs 2 and 3 to find out)

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe there is a "V2" on the barcode of the fixed version. I don't think any of the corrected versions are available in stores yet, though.
Old 07-30-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
You have to mail your discs back to Universal and ask for an exchange.

The corrected copies have not shown up at retail.
Old 07-30-03, 12:54 PM
Banned

thanks for you help
Old 08-07-03, 01:42 PM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So... I *JUST* received a shipment from Amazon and I still have to send the disc to Universal for replacement? Nothing like V2 is printed on the back...
Old 08-07-03, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, the fixed versions have not yet shown up at retail. Every set purchased (from the day of release to today) is misframed.

Currently (and probably for several months in the future) the only way to get the corrected discs is to do a mail in.
Old 08-07-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious.. how long is the average turnaround time on that? I'm only mildly intersted in getting the set so I figured I could wait, and I still stand by that.. but I've seen the set around a few used places for a good price now and then.
Old 08-07-03, 04:23 PM

I received mine in 5 weeks...
Old 08-07-03, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The framing problems were fixed, but there were some problem with the audio in Part 2 that still found their way onto the V2 discs. Hopefully I can get a decent version of the movie when it comes out on the next video format, whatever it may be. At least Part 1 was fine...
Old 08-08-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Cartload
The framing problems were fixed, but there were some problem with the audio in Part 2 that still found their way onto the V2 discs. Hopefully I can get a decent version of the movie when it comes out on the next video format, whatever it may be. At least Part 1 was fine...
What kind of audio problem?
Old 08-08-03, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
There are instances of distortions in the music. The first flub is in the alley scene at the 7:20 mark when the music cue starts. Compare it to the French track and you will notice that the English sounds warbly and distorted, while the French track is clean.

Then, at the 75:08 and 75:44 marks during the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, there are weird blip sounds (that's the best word I can use to describe the noise). In between the two blips, the music becomes warbly and distorted at various points. To be safe, just watch the movie from 75:00 to 76:00. Then, if you watch the same scene with the French audio, it's nice and clean, just as it should be.

If you don't have these movies and really want them, I wouldn't let these problems discourage you since they only occur for about a total of about one minute and there's probably no way they will ever be fixed with this DVD edition. Also, I'm not sure if people who listen to the DVDs through their TV speakers will even notice.