Ninja Scroll 10th Ann Specs

Community
Search

Ninja Scroll 10th Ann Specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have to admit I'm pretty underwhelmed. I may not upgrade on this one. $34.95 to make a 4:3 movie into widescreen is just silly. Some of the extras seem cool and its remastered, but I'm probably going to pass and stick with the original DVD.
Old 07-22-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely waiting for reviews on this one.
Old 08-16-03, 12:26 PM
jetjaguar69

limited edition

Ninja Scroll TV heads to Best Buy (01:58 PM EST): We learned yesterday and confirmed today that Best Buy will have a Limited Edition [exclusive] 2-disc version of this title. According to the rep I spoke with at Ventura Distribution, "Limited quantities are being printed and once they are gone, they are gone!" This two disc version will have a bonus CD featuring a multimedia site with downloads (the site will include wallpapers, desktop themes, and 30-second clips of songs from the soundtrack), two unreleased songs from the Ninja Scroll soundtrack and an art Gallery featuring artists' character sketches. The price is the same, but again, it's available only at Best Buy. Well, mostly, because we'll be giving away several copies of it very soon here at AoD.

Hmmm?

Old 08-16-03, 01:15 PM

Re: limited edition

Originally posted by jetjaguar69
Ninja Scroll TV heads to Best Buy (01:58 PM EST): We learned yesterday and confirmed today that Best Buy will have a Limited Edition [exclusive] 2-disc version of this title. According to the rep I spoke with at Ventura Distribution, "Limited quantities are being printed and once they are gone, they are gone!" This two disc version will have a bonus CD featuring a multimedia site with downloads (the site will include wallpapers, desktop themes, and 30-second clips of songs from the soundtrack), two unreleased songs from the Ninja Scroll soundtrack and an art Gallery featuring artists' character sketches. The price is the same, but again, it's available only at Best Buy. Well, mostly, because we'll be giving away several copies of it very soon here at AoD.

Hmmm?
You do realize that this is a different title than what is being talked about in this post, right?

This exclusive Bestbuy 2-disc limited edition is the TV series which is being released by Urban Vision, its not the 10th anniversary movie being released by Manga. And from the several reviews, the TV series seems to be far inferior to the movie in content wise.

For the Manga's 10th anniversary movie, Im not going to upgrade. The only new extra that Im interested is the history of Jubei, but its definitely not worth it for me to spend $20+ for just that. The widescreen version is a joke and no idea why they even took their time to do it. Maybe they themselves forgot why people buy Widescreen TV - to see movies in OAR, not because its cool to watch anything in widescreen.
Old 08-16-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

inferior? yes... still worthwhile? probably. especially if you can't get enough of ninja scroll.

since i never got the old ninja scroll, this new version is a no-brainer for me. (and the tv series)
Old 08-16-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"the tv series seems to be far inferior to the movie in content wise"

That is a very big Understatement. the tv series SUCKED! Oh man you are setting yourself up for failure expecting it. Compared to the movie the series is junk. it has awful character design, the story is just bad and the fights, some being cool, are nothing compared to those seen on the film.
Old 08-16-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh this could be really bad for the video both dts and dobly digital japanese and english tracks
Old 08-16-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rypro 525
oh this could be really bad for the video both dts and dobly digital japanese and english tracks

Huh?
Old 08-17-03, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
I think he's saying the specs mean that each side might contain the following tracks:

DTS 6.1: Japanese
DTS 6.1: English
DD5.1 EX: Japanese
DD5.1 EX: English
DD2.0: French
DD2.0 Spanish

Considering that most DVDs only have one DTS track, and that is sometimes at the expense of extras, Rypro is concerned that having two DTS tracks, along with two DD5.1 and DD2.0 tracks, might cause a reduction in video quality, seeing as the bitrate for the video might have to be fairly low to fit all thost audio tracks on.
Old 08-17-03, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When does the TV series come out on DVD? I understand it sucked - but as a fan of all dumb anime, I wouldn't mind picking it up. I didn't see a release date - sorry if I overlooked it.