Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

The Tick: The Entire Series --> Sept. 30th!

Community
Search

The Tick: The Entire Series --> Sept. 30th!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-03, 02:42 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dunpeal
But Mao works for this site, you don't. I'd think his posts would hold slightly more weight.
Oh, I'm sorry - that's right this is the internet, where all facts are 100 percent accurate, where web page owners are never wrong and where people never lie. It's in print, therefore it must be true.

Look, if I was doing a paper for school and rattled off some facts without any source to back them up, I would have my ass chewed out by the teacher. Same thing with journalists - unless it's an opinion piece, they just cant whip out any old fact they choose.

All I was asking for was a source. If one can be provided, then the credibility of the story shoots up. If one cannot be provided, then it's just a rumor, lie, or misrepresentation. Is that so unreasonable?
Old 06-25-03, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I belive MAO probally got the info from a Press Release that the studio either has or will be sending to retailers & other dvd sites. MAO always gets his hands on info like this about a week before every other place. He has been very accurate (& he runs the "official" new to DVD thread) with all his release info. If you don't trust his info then simply don't believe it & wait for a source that you find reliable to report it, I personally don't have faith in anything thedigitalbits.com reports but I don't try and doubt there credibility, like it seems your trying to do to MAO.
Old 06-25-03, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well regardless if a mod or not, it works in the two way street, One, s/he is a mod and you tend to take there word a little more serious, but still this is the net and really, Sources might not always be as accurate as we want them to be so asking for some reference shouldn't be taken as a insult or anything. Just something to cover the story and back it up.

either way, I would have liked the animated series better, but I'll take this happily anyday.
Old 06-25-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really enjoyed the live action series... Warburton was fantastic and for whatever reason the BatManuel jokes never got old for me.

A welcome addition to my collection.
Old 06-25-03, 10:57 AM

Yeah, that's been bothering me too about the production order vs. the way it was shown on Fox. Hopefully the DVD set will restore the episodes in their correct order, and the original edit of "The Terror" will be included. With our luck, they won't even include "The Terror" on the set since it never aired on Fox.

It really irritates me how FOX showed no respect for their recent live action sitcoms. Not only did they cancel "The Tick" and other great shows like "Undeclared", "Andy Richter Controls the Universe", and "Greg the Bunny" before giving them the chance they deserved, they also would do stuff like this with the episodes. Showing them out of order, not caring at all about the continuity from one episode to the next. Hopefully when those shows make their way to DVD, they can be seen the way they were meant to be.
Old 07-20-03, 10:16 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts
DVDFile posted it today...

From the TV vaults comes The Tick: The Complete Series, a two-disc set featuring every episode of the cult favorite... only $19.95 for The Tick.
Looks like its dropped from $29.99 to $19.99.

I too was hoping for the animated series.
Old 07-21-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was also hoping for the aminated series. It was one of the funniest series I seen.
Old 07-21-03, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A buddy of mine loves this show, I know what I am going to buy him for his BDay.
Old 07-21-03, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Iron_Giant
A buddy of mine loves this show, I know what I am going to buy him for his BDay.
I'm your buddy.
Old 07-21-03, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
You guys can be so nasty to each other. It's like it is a political thread or something.

Anyway, I wish it was the animated as well, but I will still get it. Funny stuff.