Search

Two Towers EE -- missing scenes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Towers EE -- missing scenes...

Hey all,

On the DVDtalk.com mainpage, there is a link to the following report. Appearently, there is a scene that was gonna be added to the two towers extended edition, but it was pulled to be used in a trailer. I guess thats ok -- since we never saw the scene in -- we won't miss it now that it will be gone...

Here it is:

The Lord of The Rings
A tiny bit of info on the Two Towers DVD. At the DVD in 50 Conference we learned that Peter Jackson has held back some exceptional stuff from the first two Extended Edition DVDs which is slated for inclusion in the final Return of The King Extended Edition. This was done in an effort not to spoil the third film for movie goers before it was released. One scene which was at one point part of The Two Towers Extended Edition (a flash back to the creation of Gollum) has been actually pulled from the Extended Edition DVD to be used in actual upcoming theatrical release for The Lord of The Rings - The Return of The King. One very encouraging note for Lord of the Rings fans who have bought or are planning to buy the Extended Editions - New Line has stated that they are not going to punish loyal fans who buy their Extended Editions buy putting out some sort of other 'Super-Ultimate' Edition or Collection after the third film is out. So your investment in the Extended Editions is safe.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 06-23-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Two Towers EE -- missing scenes...

Originally posted by KillerQ
One very encouraging note for Lord of the Rings fans who have bought or are planning to buy the Extended Editions - New Line has stated that they are not going to punish loyal fans who buy their Extended Editions buy putting out some sort of other 'Super-Ultimate' Edition or Collection after the third film is out. So your investment in the Extended Editions is safe.
Wow, Peter Jackson and company impress me more and more. Heres to people who really understand what a complement to a movie a DVD can truly be.
Old 06-23-03, 11:53 AM

Re: Re: Two Towers EE -- missing scenes...

Originally posted by DeputyDave
Wow, Peter Jackson and company impress me more and more. Heres to people who really understand what a complement to a movie a DVD can truly be.
Finally a studio that doesnt try and gouge every penny out of the fans as possible.
Old 06-23-03, 11:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hmm...on the commentary for Fellowship of the Rings, Jackson states that he is considering redoing the film one more time after the third film is out. One specific change he mentions is making Gollum consistant with the later films.
Old 06-23-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Re: Re: Two Towers EE -- missing scenes...

Originally posted by NickAdonidus
Finally a studio that doesnt try and gouge every penny out of the fans as possible.
A brilliant PR move at best. I will believe this when I see it. Believe me the Tolkien estate is definitely about $$$$, no doubt about it. Look at all the different covers that have been put on those three books since 2000. I would hate to be a collector of those things because there has been about 6-7 covers each!!

I really love this series and I think PJ has done a remarkable job adapting them. Just don't buy into the altruistic PR babble of a salesperson. There will be a collection of all the movies. Mark my words...
Old 06-23-03, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There absolutely may be a repackaging of the existing 3 films, perhaps at a reduced price, once the last one is released, so anyone who missed getting them one-by-one can snag the whole thing at once, but I highly--highly--doubt there would be another EDITION of any of the discs released.

Last edited by jmj713; 06-23-03 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-23-03, 08:36 PM
mwj

I would be interested to know if they will ever release the deleted footage which has not been reinserted to the EE for each movie.
Old 06-23-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jackson states that he is considering redoing the film one more time after the third film is out. One specific change he mentions is making Gollum consistant with the later films.
Sounds like someone else who gets bashed all of the time for doing this with his movies.
Old 06-23-03, 10:30 PM

Re: Two Towers EE -- missing scenes...

Originally posted by KillerQ
New Line has stated that they are not going to punish loyal fans who buy their Extended Editions buy putting out some sort of other 'Super-Ultimate' Edition or Collection after the third film is out.
Wow. &nbsp This is a refreshing change of pace. &nbsp Other studios should take note of how Peter Jackson and New Line have handled the DVD releases of these films.
Old 06-23-03, 11:49 PM

The Tolkien estate gets nothing from the movies. The professor sold the movie rights years ago. They may change covers on the paperbacks and hardcover editions, but anyone who buys books for the cover deserves a soaking.