Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Our own DVD/Entertainment internet radio station...

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I originally posted this in the Other forum, but because some of you don't look at that forum and might be interested, I thought I'd post it here as well (mods, if you think it doesn't fit, you have my permission to lock/delete it!)

Has anyone tried having their own internet radio station? Whether it be talk, music, ect.? Just wondering. I was checking out some sites (namely one called Live365) and I don't know...could be interesting. I'd like to have my say on the internet (obviously I was thinking of a Talk radio stance, maybe on DVD's or something to that effect).

Has anyone tried it (on this site or another)?

Likes/dislikes?

We could do a DVD/Entertainment station!

If anyone is willing, I'd like to do a talk show on movies/entertainment news - hell, if it turns out to be any good, maybe Geoff will let us be DVDTalk's official internet DVD show...who knows! If anyone's interested (although I don't know how it'd work), email me at [email protected] or hit me up on AIM (name is FMW18) - it could be interesting!

Last edited by Tarantino; 06-18-03 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-19-03, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a station through Live365 a while back, probably a year or so ago. Ended up getting bored with it after awhile.

The DVD Entertainment station sounds pretty interesting though.

The other route you can go is like the band Poster Children do. They have a radio show, Radio Zero, they do that I don't actually know if it broadcasts anywhere but they put the shows up on their website. It is basically just an hour long talk show that they post up every week or so now...actually now monthly.

http://www.posterchildren.com/ and click on the "Radio Zero" link on the side nav.

That might be an interesting idea.
Old 06-19-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That sounds cool too. Maybe that'll work...anyone want in? We could do reviews and stuff, and I'll splice everything together to put together a show.
Old 06-19-03, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

after producing and hosting my own radio show for 15 years...I'm afraid I'm radio'd out. good idea though...good luck.
Old 06-19-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
That sounds cool too. Maybe that'll work...anyone want in? We could do reviews and stuff, and I'll splice everything together to put together a show.
I am interested in maybe contributing. Let me think about it. See what kind of interest this thread stirs up
Old 06-20-03, 02:16 AM

I love the idea. Not sure exactly how it would succeed or the actual logistics of it all but I would contribute.
Old 06-20-03, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd contribute, but the sad fact is that only those who come here would care. That's optomistic. More realistically, the only people that would care after the first week would be the ones contributing.