Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

House Of 1000 Corpses---No Unedited version, bleh

Old 06-11-03, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I remember hearing or reading Rob Zombie somewhere saying that he was really excited about not just his theatrical release finally, but he also boasted that the DVD release probably would have been even bigger of a deal for him, because then he'd be able to have it unedited. Rob Zombie was excited about that, which is probably why most people anticipated...no...expected ?...this to be an uncut release. This is disappointing news indeed, ah well.
Old 06-11-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

where did you hear that, dvd file reported a month ago that there will be an uncut version of house...

never mind, just read the news, that does suck, well, no sale.
Old 06-11-03, 04:08 PM

I'm not buying this now....what a rip off. That was the exciting thing about this movie coming out that it was supposed to be UNCUT. Lions Gate, what the hell are you thinking?
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

however it comes...I wont be holding my breath for anything that will please me. the hype and delay of this film is enough to kill it. of course, I hope it's not true. if it's geared twords adults...it may be decent. if it's candy-coated for teens and young adults...I'll pass.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

An update to the announcement was wade. They are saying that the disc will contain "extras" that will satisy fhe needs of the horror fan. I believe this is a "wink'wink" to the unedited pieces that were cut.
Old 06-11-03, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No reason this can't be released uncut unless they are planning two different releases ahead of time. Lions Gate has released unrated titles a few times such as American Psycho.
Old 06-11-03, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yes..bad news indeed! let's hope that the unrated version will eventually surface if in fact one isn't already somewhere in the pipeline regardless of the recent statement.
Old 06-11-03, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Interesting, there's no mention of this on either the Lions Gate, 1000 Corpses, or Rob Zombie's website. If true, that will be a shame. I read a recent interview with Zombie where he said he's currently working on the DVD and there will be an uncut version of it. This article was from last week, so either LG suddenly changed their mind or Zombie's not paying attention.
Old 06-11-03, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by renaldow
Interesting, there's no mention of this on either the Lions Gate, 1000 Corpses, or Rob Zombie's website. If true, that will be a shame. I read a recent interview with Zombie where he said he's currently working on the DVD and there will be an uncut version of it. This article was from last week, so either LG suddenly changed their mind or Zombie's not paying attention.
The uncut dvd was what he negotiated and agreed to cut the theatrical release down for in the first place. His website has not been updated in quite some time either so we will have to wait and see what he says. Lions Gate has tried two different releases before with other titles they own. Perhaps the uncut version will get the signature series banner down the road. I'd rather they just release it right the first time.
Old 06-11-03, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is everybody so blind not to see what is up? They want to bleed us fans for all we're worth! There WILL be an uncut version, I am sure of that, it just won't be for sometime. Why? So they can get a lot of people to double dip who might want to own both versions or get something different.
Old 06-11-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was hoping for an uncut version because the version that I saw in the theater sucked ass.

Dr. dvd has a point. Lion's gate does like to re-release things, signature series anyone?

But... they also re-release things sometimes with no features (happiness, buffalo 66) of less features than the previous versions (O) --

So either way, Boo to lion's gate. Boo!

Last edited by Sunday Morning; 06-11-03 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-11-03, 10:19 PM
Suspended

not so sure why anyone would be bummed?

Anyone see the movie?,

i liked it better the first time when it was called Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Wish the man could stick with something he does somewhat well in music- ( though he's so bad live, he has to lip-sync)
Old 06-11-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah I agree with Icnickell

I seriously doubt those deleted scenes will make it any better of a movie.

for a real cheese horror fest check out Wrong Turn!
Old 06-11-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn! That really bothers me. I want that 20 minutes, the "director's cut" in the film. And to think we all thought Lions Gate was taking a chance with this film...

I'm bummed out...
Old 06-12-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Wellllllll... I'm thinking of it like this. I mean... some of you may have heard that they are already planning a sequal... and they are hoping to get it done for a 2004 release. Rob Zombie is happy about doing the sequal... and Lions Gate prolly knows everybody wants the uncut... when House of 1000 Corpses 2 comes out... they'll prolly release the uncut version of the film... sly bastards
Old 06-12-03, 05:01 AM

Isn't Lion's Gate the same one that decided not to give us the uncut version of "Return of the Living Dead 3"?
Old 06-12-03, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Terrible news indeed! This movie has been screwed up in distribution and fights with the MPAA so much since filming completed that this doesn't surprise me in the least. Until they put out the version that Rob Zombie originally intended I for one will not purchase it.
Old 06-12-03, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

no sale here....
Old 06-12-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by mzupeman2
some of you may have heard that they are already planning a sequal... and they are hoping to get it done for a 2004 release. Rob Zombie is happy about doing the sequal... and Lions Gate prolly knows everybody wants the uncut... when House of 1000 Corpses 2 comes out... they'll prolly release the uncut version of the film... sly bastards
That could be. I'm not holding my breath either way though. DVD news sites have been known to be wrong in the past. I'll wait until it's actually released to see if it's going to be a cut or uncut version. (Or I should say until Lions Gate actually puts that info up on their website, so far nothing at all)
Old 06-12-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No sale here until the uncut version comes out (if ever)
Old 06-12-03, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by steebo777
No sale here until the uncut version comes out (if ever)
Same here, this would have been a borderline purchase, but I wouldv'e purchased it, now by the time the uncut is released (if ever), I may not hold as much interest in purchasing it as I do now (after hearing so much about it).
Old 06-12-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I must be blind or stupid (or both), but where was this reported? I've scrolled this thread 3 times and can't for the life of me find a link to this info.
Old 06-12-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Is everybody so blind not to see what is up? They want to bleed us fans for all we're worth! There WILL be an uncut version, I am sure of that, it just won't be for sometime. Why? So they can get a lot of people to double dip who might want to own both versions or get something different.
My thoughts exactly. I think this will be the first dvd where I will actually wait for the special edition to be released.
Old 06-12-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by caiman
I must be blind or stupid (or both), but where was this reported? I've scrolled this thread 3 times and can't for the life of me find a link to this info.
check up top at the "dvdtalk" headlines.
Old 06-12-03, 03:16 PM

You guys aren't going to buy a movie that you liked because it's not unrated?

That's pretty dumb, you're gonna boycott a movie you enjoyed because it's not unrated?

Sorry, but rated or unrated this will be added to my collection

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.