Community
Search

Speculation on The Matrix: Reloaded dvd

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-03, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speculation on The Matrix: Reloaded dvd

Well, as the window of the film to dvd process dramatically decreases(what are we at...3 months now?) I think it's time to start speculating on whether TM:R will be a better dvd than the original. What are some things you would like to see on the dvd as extras? I personally want an indepth documumentary on all the special effects, with attention especially paid to the burley brawl, and how they managed to put 6452423 Agent Smiths against Neo.

Do you feel TM:R will pull a LotR? I.E. releasing a barebones package first, then release a definitive version later?

Now that T2:EE has been released, it has rasied the bar once again on how a dvd should be done. Do you think the TM:R dvd will surpass it? Do you think it will even surpass the Good Burger SE?
Old 06-04-03, 09:15 PM

I hardly see how any film could surpass the cinematic genius and technical mastery of Good Burger, but I suppose anything is possible

I'd hope for one release, done properly. As with any release, my favorite extra is deleted scenes. I also enjoy good featurettes and making-of goodies, as well. Throw in DTS and a sparkling video transfer, and I'll call it pretty damn good.
Old 06-04-03, 10:02 PM

dude, this is warner home video we're dealing with here.
you know they're not gonna include a dts track.
Old 06-04-03, 10:08 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot. Duh.

I wonder if they have some licensing conflict with dts, or if they just don't like it for some reason. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 06-04-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And it'll be in a good old snapper! YAY!!!
Old 06-04-03, 10:54 PM

i heard that Reloaded is going to be a 2 disc set. so i'm going to doubt on the snapper case thing
Old 06-04-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

October 3rd is the rumoured date.
Old 06-04-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rehevkor, of course Warner has released DTS titles before. They just don't do it very often.

Notice that "Widescreen Edition" banner at the top? That means they're going to release a fulsscreen version too. Those sick freaks.
Old 06-05-03, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Look forward to a cast commentary.
Old 06-05-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only DTS track Warner released on dvd so far is Interview w/a Vampire. The movie is alright, but I'm hoping when I see the dvd again, I'll appreciate the movie a bit more. The first Matrix dvd was done excellent, a suprise for Warner. Along with Paramount, Warner is my least fav to release dvds, especially older titles. Buy I'm sure they won't drop the ball with this franchise.
Old 06-05-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Rehevkor, of course Warner has released DTS titles before. They just don't do it very often.

Notice that "Widescreen Edition" banner at the top? That means they're going to release a fulsscreen version too. Those sick freaks.
When warner did there poll, there was no full screen version
Old 06-05-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jonpeters
The only DTS track Warner released on dvd so far is Interview w/a Vampire. The movie is alright, but I'm hoping when I see the dvd again, I'll appreciate the movie a bit more. The first Matrix dvd was done excellent, a suprise for Warner. Along with Paramount, Warner is my least fav to release dvds, especially older titles. Buy I'm sure they won't drop the ball with this franchise.
Really? Have you seen thier 2 dsic sets? Just curious..
Old 06-05-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope it's not a snapper - however if it's not, then it's going to look out of place with my 'The Matrix' and 'The AniMatrix' dvd's.
Damn!
Old 06-05-03, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by jonpeters
The only DTS track Warner released on dvd so far is Interview w/a Vampire.
And Twister, and True Romance, and the Lethal Weapon movies, and one or two others I believe.

It isn't a licensing problem, per se, so much as that Warner Bros simply doesn't want to pay DTS. Their research has shown that the presense of a DTS soundtrack does not significantly boost sales enough to justify them paying for it. At least not in their eyes.
Old 06-05-03, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, if it's a single disc (not likely) it'll be in a snapper. My guess is that it'll be a 2 disc edition to match up the upcoming The Matrix 2 disc set.

Which, by the way, there hasn't been any news concerning that one has there? I know it was shelved because they wanted to actually do something with it rather than just stick the 2 current discs together.. (and because there was potential spoiler material for the sequels)..

I'd say a commentary by the directors would be nice, but after seeing them on the first disc the entire commentary would be "Whoa dude, we like japanimation and kung fu. Yeah dude this is so cool! Yup, kung fu. Kung fu rocks!"
Old 06-05-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Speculation on The Matrix: Reloaded dvd

Originally posted by isamu

Do you feel TM:R will pull a LotR? I.E. releasing a barebones package first, then release a definitive version later?

Not to be a LOTR apologist here, but they didn't "pull" anything. New Line and Peter Jackson TOLD EVERYONE that another release was down the road and that it would have extra footage. They didn't announce this after the first release streeted, and they didn't toy with you making you think it may be the same movie w/ different extras. It was a different movie with different extras.

Now, they may pull a Columbia/Tri-Star and release one version, only to announce a stacked set later on, much like with Black Hawk Down. Okay, rant over...
Old 06-05-03, 10:02 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

It'd be pretty surprising if the brothers did a commentary for their films. They have a no-publicity clause and they refuse interviews because they believe the films should speak for themselves.

I'd have to disagree, though, after watching The Matrix Revisted and listening to some of their comments, they sound like they both have a pretty dry, clever sense of humor. I didn't think them overly banal in the way they talked about The Matrix.
Old 06-05-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I will pass on any release until they do a box set next year... sold my old copy of the matrix on Ebay for $12 the other day. Cant wait for the trilogy set, and if they dont do it then I guess WB has no clue... oh wait, they dont, *snappers*
Old 06-05-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think if they do a box set it's just going to be the exsisting SE DVDs in a box.. personally I'm not too fond of boxes like that and usually just put them in the closet and store the DVDs on my shelf like usual. I know there are plenty of fans of such a thing though.
Old 06-05-03, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Re: Speculation on The Matrix: Reloaded dvd

Originally posted by reubs82
Not to be a LOTR apologist here, but they didn't "pull" anything. New Line and Peter Jackson TOLD EVERYONE that another release was down the road and that it would have extra footage. They didn't announce this after the first release streeted, and they didn't toy with you making you think it may be the same movie w/ different extras. It was a different movie with different extras.

Now, they may pull a Columbia/Tri-Star and release one version, only to announce a stacked set later on, much like with Black Hawk Down. Okay, rant over...
I don't think he meant 'pull' in a negative way. More like follow in New Line's steps.