Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

What about a "Two of a Kind" DVD with Olivia N-J and John Travolta of Grease DVD

What about a "Two of a Kind" DVD with Olivia N-J and John Travolta of Grease DVD

Old 05-23-03, 05:44 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta after their movie Grease went on to star in another movie called "Two of a Kind" 1983 Gene Hackman as the voice of God, Oliver Reed as Beasley the Devil, Scatman Crothers, Beatrice Straight, Charles Durning as Angels.

When it was released the critics didn't like the pair together again, as usual they put it down and the Joe six packs didn't go see it, but that should be no news to us. I say remaster it and put it on DVD and let 'us' be the judge not some critics who are no DVD lovers like us of DVD Talk Forum.

DVD also needed for Spin off Video "Twist of Fate" has Olivia singing for 24 minutes of music heard on "Two of a Kind" with John Travolta from MCA Video running time 24 minutes.Olivia Newton-John songs:
Twist of Fate 3:43
Take a Chance 4:09 duet with John Travolta, choreographed by John Travolta
Living in Desperate Times 4:07 choreographed by Arlene Philips
Shaking You 4:15
Heart Attack 3:00
Tied up 4:32

Any DVD news on these two?

Last edited by danol; 05-23-03 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-23-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The movie is an unwatchable mess, not even qualifying as one of those "so bad it's good" movies. There must be at least 138,589 movies higher up on the "want" list,
And if "joe six packs didn't go see it" (funny how suddenly it is so fashonable to blame everything on Joe six pack) then Joe six pack has pretty good taste in movies.
Old 05-23-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If the studio thinks it will sell, it will be released. I think it will sell OK for the JT/ONJ factor alone and that most people haven't seen it...

...but only if it's under $6 and at the top of the Wal-Mart bin. Most would not dig past the top for this one.
Old 05-23-03, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I'm down. Wouldn't mind seeing this at all..

But, then again, I own the Wiz, Xanadu & Can't Stop the Music so I really don't give a fig about what Joe Six Pack likes and doesn't like..
Old 05-23-03, 10:58 PM
Cool New Member

I would love to see this on dvd in widescreen and remixed in 5.1.The videos should be included as extras along with the theatrical trailer.Fox home video owns the rights.maybe we should email them.
Old 05-23-03, 11:23 PM
Rest in Peace

Remember the neato sunglasses that ONJ wore that the skipper of the boat wanted.
I had tears in my eyes when ONJ said I love you to a dead Zack, and how Charles Durning tossed his hat and a book appeared to the couple that were deeply in love, much more than Bonnie and Clyde.

That movie wasn't made for the masses only to those lovers that could not love again like me. "I can search the whole world over and I know, that I couldn't find another you, another you" The New Seekers. My dead wife Mae of 24 years ago, reminds me of ONJ only her character got another chance to love, but this disabled man doesn't have 10 good toes and 10 good fingers that women basically want. Time for a movie to get me out of this feeling of being alone for the rest of my life, through no fault of my own.
Old 05-23-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 658 Likes on 408 Posts
Was this the movie that had Charles Durning and Oliver Reed screaming "Fast Forward!" "Reverse!" "Fast Forward!" over and over?

Good God.
Old 05-24-03, 01:23 AM

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
Was this the movie that had Charles Durning and Oliver Reed screaming "Fast Forward!" "Reverse!" "Fast Forward!" over and over?
Yes!

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
Good God.
Yes! It was Gene Hackman quoting classic literature.