DVD Profiler Collection Numbers Question

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-03, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Due to space constraints, I have decided to go with binders for my collection storage. I am planning to organize the collection number by purchase date (so I can just add new ones to the end of the the binder) and print sheets from DVD Profiler that list them alphabetically for the coffee table. Is there a way to assign more than one collection number to a single entry? I don't know how to manage two disc (or more) titles as they take up two spots in the binder, but only get one number in DVD Profiler.

Also, anyone have a source for nice leather-bound three ring binders? The other thing I though would be useful but haven't been able to find would be a plastic page holder that would have three pockets to hold thirds of a piece of paper. This way you could have three titles per page and not have to reprint everything when you add a disc. You would just shift them down. I guess I could do one per page, but I think it will take up too much space.

Thanks for you thoughts...
Old 05-21-03, 07:56 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

for multi disc sets i leave the non movie discs in their cases and put only the movie disc in the binder. check out www.caseit.com for a fancy binder. They're the only ones that I'll buy binders from since they use optical cloth and I've yet to have one of my 200+ DVDs or 50+ CDs get damaged from storing in them unlike some of the cheaper moulded plastic cases I've seen.
Old 05-21-03, 08:51 PM

Thanks duz. I need the non-movie discs to be in the binders as well b/c the cases will be boxed up in the basement and I want to keep the bonus features accessible. I have binders for the discs, but I was wondering if anyone has seen leather 3 ring binders for the coffee table report. All the ones I have seen have all these pockets and zippers and stuff. I just wanted a simple, elegant leather binder. I guess with the collection numbers I can just assign them and then manually adjust them. It will be a big job, but once it is done if I just do partial reassignments and don't fill in gaps I shouldn't have any troubles.
Old 05-21-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not to be the downer on your plans here, but I hope you plan on having a safe place to store this binder when not in use. The reason I say this is it would suck big time to have your binder out and your house get jacked one night. I'm sure storage/display is an issue, but I just wanted to bring this up in case you haven't thought about it already.
Old 05-22-03, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Well, keep in mind that certain films or TV shows or whatever span more than one disc and will be listed as a single title in DVD Profiler. Then you have box sets that only count as a single title according to the program. It can get really confusing when you have something like The Godfather Collection that has two titles on one disc each, one title that spans two discs, and another disc for the bonus features. Also, what do you do about those MGM double features with two titles on one disc?

What you could do is just create a unique entry for each disc in your collection. I mean each and every disc. Use the first entry for all the info, and then have dummy entries for the other discs in the set. It wouldn't give you a number of how many titles you have, but it would work for storing them in binders.