what's the big deal with having inserts

Community
Search

what's the big deal with having inserts

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
If new DVDs come without any inserts, then the terroists have already won.
Old 05-16-03, 09:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
equilibrium dvd insert

for anyone who bought equilibrium, did you get an insert in the movie, i would like to know so i know if i have to exchange it, because alas, within mine there was no insert!

so please, is there an 'equilibrium' insert, yes or no???
Old 05-17-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: equilibrium dvd insert

Originally posted by dvdtalkSHAQKOB
for anyone who bought equilibrium, did you get an insert in the movie, i would like to know so i know if i have to exchange it, because alas, within mine there was no insert!

so please, is there an 'equilibrium' insert, yes or no???
Search is my friend.
Old 05-17-03, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I always prefer to have an insert, even if it's just a chapter listing.

Let's face it: an insert costs the studio like, 3 cents to produce (and that's after factoring in the design costs) - there's no reason they can't include an insert, even on catalog titles.

I do prefer nice essays and pictures and things like Criterion includes with their inserts. MGM has actually made some nice ones, but then inexplicably have included no inserts with other titles.

Dreamworks always seems to put an ad for their other DVDs on the back of the insert, and puts chapter listings on the inside. Less useful.

Trimark puts the chapter listing on the back of the box (a good move) but includes an insert of their catalog. Not so great.

So I have to ask:

What's the big deal about NOT having inserts? Some of the above seemed to think that inserts were somehow evil or detracted from their DVDs. If you don't care one way or another, why post to a thread about inserts?

-- Jough
Old 05-17-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I just sent an email to geoff to get rid of those annoying threads. I suggested a sticky thread for "missing insert" complaints. This way it is less cluttered around here and he could have relevant info to print out your own using either dvd talk covers & cases forum or dvdcoverart.com.
These threads are just pointless.
Old 05-18-03, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
I just sent an email to geoff to get rid of those annoying threads. I suggested a sticky thread for "missing insert" complaints. This way it is less cluttered around here and he could have relevant info to print out your own using either dvd talk covers & cases forum or dvdcoverart.com.
These threads are just pointless.
I agree. Good call
Old 05-18-03, 11:13 PM

These threads are not pointless.

I think for some of you they should just release the disc in a ziploc sandwich bag and lower the price by a dollar.

I however am buying more than just the film. I want it all. That is the whole point of this format. Nice packaging, OAR, 5.1 sound, good transfers, cool extras. That is the reason I was an early adopter to DVD. Now it seems some studios want to add a few bucks to the bottom line by skimping anywhere they can. If they continue this trend, I can just go back to catching the ABC movie of the week version for free.