Any exclusive Disney DVDs in the theme parks?

Old 05-13-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Any exclusive Disney DVDs in the theme parks?

I'm heading to Walt Disney World in a week and a half. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any exclusive DVDs that are in the parks.

I remember reading about one, but forgot the title. I was also wondering if there are any more, and if anyone here has them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-03, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tower of Terror is, but that is getting wide release in August. It's a Wonderful World of Disney original film starring Kirsten Dunst and Steve Guttenberg.
Old 05-13-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I thought that documentary film on Walt Disney was exclusive for a little while...

Have a good time Joey. And if you do happen to come across any exclusive DVDs [and have time/internet access], be sure and let those of us that are stuck here know about 'em..
Old 05-13-03, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
I thought that documentary film on Walt Disney was exclusive for a little while...

Have a good time Joey. And if you do happen to come across any exclusive DVDs [and have time/internet access], be sure and let those of us that are stuck here know about 'em..
I know this one: Is (or was last year when I went) an exclusive DVD. Is that the same one as Walt: Man Behind the Myth? I don't wanna get stuck with two of the same disc.

If I do come across any exclusives while I'm down there, I'll promptly let you guys know.
Old 05-13-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where the magic lives is another. Its about the parks. Although I can't give you more details. You can buy these through Disney. But Disney always has an outrageous shipping charge. $8.95 to ship a single dvd.
Old 05-13-03, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i was there not long ago and i didn't see any exclusive DVDs. they did have several of the old Walt Disney Treasures releases though, but only of the less popular ones (Disneyland USA, Davy Crockett and Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney Studios) that never sold out.
Old 05-13-03, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by sm8680
Where the magic lives is another. Its about the parks. Although I can't give you more details. You can buy these through Disney. But Disney always has an outrageous shipping charge. $8.95 to ship a single dvd.
Just returned from a week at WDW and I bought the "Where the Magic Lives" for $19.99, though it was shipped home via ground (with a ton of other stuff that wouldn't fit in my carry on bag), so I won't have it for a few days. Essentially, it's suppose to be more comprehensive than the special 100 Years DVD that was a park exclusive last year. It also focuses on the resorts and water parks. You can order it online from the Main Street Megastore, but they're charging $35 just for the DVD.

And if you're planning on buying a bunch of merchandise (like huge boxes of Cinderella's castle playset, etc. for the kids), shipping is great. For up to $1000 of merchandise, the cost is less than $30, regardless of weight, number of boxes, etc. Plus it's all insured. We got home from a previous trip and found we couldn't open the battery door on the Haunted Mansion playset. We called the Disney merchandise number and they sent us a new one free of charge. We didn't even have to send the old one back.

I also saw a lot of the Disney Treasures tins.
Old 05-20-03, 11:33 PM

Thanks guys.

Star Wars Guy, did you have a chance to watch that disc yet? I'd like to know how it is. Should I pick up both?
Old 05-21-03, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was also an exclusive Christmas DVD, I can't remember the exact title.

Walt Disney Man Behind the Myth is available at the parks, some Disney Stores,and through the Disney Movie Club.

It is outstanding, its widescreen and has lots of extras
Old 05-21-03, 08:00 AM

JoeyOhhhh, I just got all my shipped boxes late yesterday. I'll be watching it this weekend and I'll let you know how it is.
Old 05-21-03, 12:48 PM

shaggy, Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for the christmas title. Was it animated or live action?

Star Wars Guy, Tomorrow I'm leaving, so I wont be able to read your review of the disc
Old 05-21-03, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Star Wars Guy
JoeyOhhhh, I just got all my shipped boxes late yesterday. I'll be watching it this weekend and I'll let you know how it is.
i'm a huge disney fan and ive never heard of this disc, so i am really looking fwd to hearing about it from you! i was just at disneyland for spring break too and i didnt see any exclusive dvds there, just some tins. maybe i can find it online
Old 05-21-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JoeyOhhhh
shaggy, Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for the christmas title. Was it animated or live action?

(
Its live action with footage from the park, it shows the Christmas parades, various park locations decorated for christmas, and the christmas shows
Old 07-24-03, 12:43 PM

Any reviews or further thoughts on these DVDs? I am interested in any DVDs dealing exclusively with the Disney parks (especially Walt Disney World).

Thanks!
Old 07-24-03, 10:31 PM
Cool New Member

Walt Disney Man Behind the Myth is a must for Walt Disney fans - it has interviews with lots of Disney legends and family members, and some of the footage is very interesting because it has never been released before or is very rarely seen, such as his appearance at the un-American activities commitee and the Mineral King press conference. The image quality is very good considering much of the footage is more than half a century old.
Old 07-27-03, 01:03 AM
Banned

We go to Disney every other year and stay in one of the parks resorts, but we alwats spend at least one day at Universal. They have the better rides at Universal, but MGM`s Tower of Terror and the Aerosmith ride are "Must Do`s".The Haunted Mansion and Test Track are two other rides I like and I never get tired of taking that slow ride up that big sphere in Epcot just to relaxe! Make sure it eat at the 50`s Dinner there in MGM. Its great. Everythings 50`s including all the TV`s in there viewable from any table that constantly play 50`s era TV shows. You will also get scolded for having elbows in the table and not cleaning your plate! Ive probably eaten there 6 or 7 times over the years. I think I missed it one year and was really bumbed out!
Old 07-27-03, 01:16 AM

Wow...I forgot all about this thread.

When I went to WDW, I didn't come across any of these DVDs (except Walt: Man Behind the Myth which I have).

Where did you guys find them?

Interestingly enough, I'm heading back down there this upcoming Friday...and I didn't even have to bump my own thread.
Old 07-28-03, 12:47 PM
Cool New Member

I wish I could find a DVD version of the Millenium Celebration: Reflections of Earth from 2000 at the park. That was a spectacular show and would come across beautifully on DVD I bet.
Old 07-29-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Moezilla
I wish I could find a DVD version of the Millenium Celebration: Reflections of Earth from 2000 at the park. That was a spectacular show and would come across beautifully on DVD I bet.

i assume by your wording that it does exist but on vhs? i don't really have any interest in disney dvds but i'd like to get that on dvd since i was there for it.