Storage options

Old 05-09-03, 11:26 AM

Storage options

I've found this to be a very good tower:

Mainly because it doesn't have those individual slots like the others do that limit the size case you can store in it. As you know, DVD cases come in all different sizes for example the thin Grease case to the thick double cases, not to mention box sets. But I found these recently

Anybody use these? They save on space as you can store them in a bookshelf. Anyone with other Pros? Cons? Thanks!
Old 05-09-03, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like the idea of the bookshelf binders - but it's hardly safe.

Talk to anyone who thought it was a great idea to have CD Binders full of DVDs until their collection was stolen.

I do like that they look like books, which is a bit safer.

Sad thing is - what if your DVD is a snapper? Or digipak? Can't put the sleeve in the binder, then. Oh well.
Old 05-09-03, 12:59 PM

Your right about the security aspect... that is cause for some concern, but thieves would prob not suspect it, if it were to occur.

I would keep the rack for the snappers and box sets even. Why don't they just get rid of snappers all together already?? Well, thats a whole other issue...
Old 05-09-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

binders suck. I love displaying my dvds....just like books. hope hes a stoopid thief, otherwise binders are easy cheese to rip off. get a cabnit that locks. my problem is I knew I'd hit over 1,000 dvds....so buying a real expensive shelf to hold them, or a bunch of little shelves...was out of the question. build it....or draw up the specs and hire someone to build it.