Taxi Driver dvd

Old 04-21-03, 09:47 PM

Taxi Driver dvd

I have been wanting to get this movie on dvd, and was wondering is this THE RELEASE and that there are no plans for another release. How is the release now, is it good enough? Also are there any plans for rerelease for Raging Bull too?
Old 04-21-03, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
The release of taxi driver is pretty good. I haven't heard of any plans to re-release it anytime soon so I would say get it.
Old 04-21-03, 10:42 PM
Cool New Member

I have Taxi Driver and I think it's pretty good as well.

One interesting thing that Scorcese states during the commentary is that the original film print had degraded in Studio storage and, therefore, some of the blood scenes look bland; not the way it looked originally...
Old 04-21-03, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm happy with mine also....and very worth getting. if one comes out later....worry about it then.
Old 04-21-03, 10:51 PM

I thought the disk was very well done, it is one of my favorite DVDs. It has a really great documentary. I didn't think any of the extras are fluff. It can be found pretty cheap so I think you should go ahead and grab it.
Old 04-21-03, 11:06 PM

Agreed. I got it free in one of those in-disk promos - I forget which one, maybe .... Spiderman deal? Think so. And since you can find it for 14.44 at retail without trying hard, I think anyone interested in the movie should pick it up.
Old 04-21-03, 11:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: ,

Originally posted by witold
I have Taxi Driver and I think it's pretty good as well.

One interesting thing that Scorcese states during the commentary is that the original film print had degraded in Studio storage and, therefore, some of the blood scenes look bland; not the way it looked originally...
Actually, he stated that to get the rating that it did, they made him desaturate the scene. He stated that the original with the vibrant red coloring was absolutely stunning, and much more impactful. He said that he would like to restore the scene to it's original state, without the desaturation, but that the original prints had degraded in storage, and they are now, sadly, unable to.

..sorry for being so anal.
Old 04-22-03, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You talkin' to me?

Love this movie and the extras are worth having.
Old 04-22-03, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is one DVD that somehow I've not picked up yet .... thanks for the reminder!
Old 04-22-03, 11:42 AM

Taxi Driver is a great disc well worth $14.99 at most places.

As far as Raging Bull, a special edition has been rumored to be in the works for ages but never has amounted to anything. I do see one but I do not know how soon. There is a great region 2 release and the laserdisc has a great commentary by Criterion.
Old 04-22-03, 12:03 PM
Banned

Taxi Driver DVD looks best...doc is so-so...Criterion laser is superior commentary