Reload this Page >

Does "Changing Lanes" have an insert?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-03, 04:31 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the subject asks, does Paramount's "Changing Lanes" DVD have an insert? I bought one used on eBay and it was missing an insert. I just want to find out if it's supposed to have one before I complain.

-- Jough
Old 04-02-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes it has an insert
Old 04-02-03, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Dang. I figured as much.

Thanks. I guess it's refund time.

Grrr...

-- Jough
Old 04-02-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good luck getting one on eBay. Sometimes a seller will refund for something like that but other times they play the "should have asked before bidding" card and the most you can do is leave negative feedback or complain to eBay and watch nothing happen except maybe a retalitory negative feedback. How much did you pay for it anyway? I got mine off of eBay a few months back for like $4 plus s/h and everything was just gravy.
Old 04-02-03, 05:06 PM
Suspended

It was like $10 with shipping.

I paid using my credit card on PayPal so I can always do a chargeback for faulty merchandise. I'd rather it not come to that, though. Heck, PayPal's chargeback fee is $10, so they'd be out $20 instead of just the less than $10 it would take to simply refund me.

I did ask if they had the insert. Maybe they can dig one up. I'd certainly accept that in the mail (as long as they don't do something stupid like fold it).

It's not a matter of having to ask before bidding, because it's the seller's responsibility to add to the listing if something is missing from the product.

-- Jough
Old 04-02-03, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you could go to Blockbuster and ask them for an insert. I bought mine used there and they have inserts for it. Just take a rental case up to the cashier (preferably one you're friendly with) and ask them if you can have the insert cuz yours didn't come with one.
Old 04-02-03, 08:58 PM

Just be aware, that often times a missing insert is signs for trouble.
Old 04-02-03, 09:06 PM
Suspended

Well, in this case it was a used DVD - the disc doesn't look like a boot - it's a pressed disc rather than a DVD-R. But yes, the whole deal is shady.

And the seller responded to me that they'd send me a refund if I sent them the disc. Still, now I'm out the shipping for it...

Oh, and you were right, Al Padrino - they did say that the listing never said anything about an insert!

Un-be-f'ing-lieveable.

-- Jough
Old 04-02-03, 10:06 PM

your lesson....NEVER BUY DVD'S FROM EBAY!
Old 04-02-03, 10:19 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by DVD Giant
your lesson....NEVER BUY DVD'S FROM EBAY!
I know, I know...

I've bought two dozen discs from Ebay now and have had problems with only four of them.

One was fullscreen instead of the ordered widescreen. They have since replaced the disc.

Another was horribly scratched up. They said I could send it back for a refund. I sent it back. No refund, only excuses why it's going to take them a little bit longer to refund me.

The third problem was a bootleg version of "Seven Samauri: Criterion Collection". Promise of a refund. Still waiting.

And now this - the disc is scratched and FILTHY (how does that even happen?) - and no insert. I'm going to have to start visiting people's homes.

"Hi. You sold me a crummy disc on Ebay. Care to make good on it now?"

-- Jough
Old 04-03-03, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by jough
I know, I know...

I've bought two dozen discs from Ebay now and have had problems with only four of them.

-- Jough
umm, 4 out of 24 is a pretty bad ratio for messups to me. That's 1 out of 6 or 16.7%. I think you should stop buying off ebay and buy somewhere else (CH perhaps and get DVDs for less than $8 a piece).
Old 04-03-03, 01:25 AM
Suspended

Well, my experience with Buy.com is 5 messups out of ten discs - or 50%.

I'll take my chances with ebay for discs that cost under $5 (shipped).

And I tend to only buy from those with very high feedback numbers (hundreds or thousands) and few (if any) negative feedback postings.

Still, it's tough. The disc is either pristine and I feel like I got a steal, or it's garbage and I get ripped off. It balances out in the middle, I think. I'll just have to stick with those dealers who've done right by me in the past.

-- Jough