DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Request: Lake Placid DVD

Old 10-05-00, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just need a review of the DVD itself - I've seen the movie and I like it, but I want to know if the DVD warrants purchase (I'm not sure but I think I have it on VHS already)...

My review of Lake Placid - I thought it was funny - it reminded me of Tremors. Great characters. The movie can be bad if you look at it as a horror movie, because it's a comedy. There - that was it - brief and to the point.

Now if someone can tell me what features there are and how is the sound and whatnot and if it's worth it or not and if they know of a good bargain on this one... let me know.

Thanks
Old 10-05-00, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hi Trigger. Lake Placid is a pretty good DVD, IMO. Like you, I enjoyed the movie (though it seems that most didn't) so I picked up the disc when it came out. The video transfer is superb. I didn't see one problem with the video that I can think of, other than the fact that it is not anamorphic. The 5.1 track is solid, making decent use of the rear channels, but not overdoing it. The extras are...well...they're actually pretty decent compared to what Fox used to put on their discs. A trailer, 3 TV spots, a short featurette, and cast and crew info.

I think Fox did a solid job with the disc. My only complaints are the price, the lack of deleted scenes (you know in an 82 minutes movie, there were some deleted scenes), and the fact that it isn't anamorphic. As far as a deal, I haven't seen one anywhere around. Maybe someone else can chime in there. Hope this helps!
Old 10-05-00, 10:54 PM

I agree with Mad Dog. Pretty good DVD. My girlfriend bought it, and I thought, "What a waste", but after watching it a few times, it kinda grows on you. The video and sound are above average. Have fun!
Old 10-06-00, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Good sound and image, light on extras. If you like the film, definitely buy it.

For me, just hearing Betty White use the word "f###meat" makes it worth the price of purchase.

------------------
BAN WHINING

DVD reviewer for digitallyOBSESSED.com
Old 10-06-00, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i was going to say its worth it so you can loop betty white saying 'this is where if i had a dick, id tell you to suck it" in engish and french

daveninja.com