DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: But Im a Cheerleader

Old 10-03-00, 03:52 PM
Suspended

I already ordered it from twec.com but it is currently on back order so who knows when I'll get it.

------------------
"What's the point? They are all the same. Some stupid killer stalking some big-breasted girl who can't act whose always running up the stairs when she should be going out the front door. It's insulting." Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell) explains to the killer why she doesn't like horror movies in "Scream."
Old 10-05-00, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You'll never get it - TWEC sucks.

I would like a review of this one also, though.
Old 10-05-00, 11:28 AM

The movie itself was pretty funny. I saw it at the theaters. I give it a 6.5 out of 10. I didn't order the VD because it was bare-bones. For on the fence type movies like this, special features are what sway me to purchase.

The movie has a very cool look to it, very bright kitschy colors, that will probably look great on DVD. It kind of reminded me of a John Waters film, and I liked this movie much more than I did his latest: "Cecil B. Demented."

Ru Paul is hilarious as an "ex-gay" camp counselor. Natasha Lyonne is also really good. I think the the movie lost energy towards the end though when it focuses on a romance between her character and another girl. I didn't think there was much chemistry between the two girls.

The whole premise of the movie though is pretty funny. I liked the soundtrack as well, that featured a lot of poppy indie bands.

------------------
"If you haven't got anything nice to say...come sit next to me"
Jadzia/Pikul
Old 10-06-00, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will post when I get the time to watch it!