Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

review wanted: Jurassic Park (dts)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

review wanted: Jurassic Park (dts)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-00, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never seen it.

A friend said it's really good.

$16 is not bad......especially when I throw in a $20 1st look credit

Jonathan

------------------
$1,287.99 worth of dvd's for $306.66 <> click for the list!
Old 07-17-00, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, the movie is good. Not Oscar-worthy, but it's not bad (Lost World, on the otherhand, is horrible). But, uh, the, er, DVD doesn't come out for another month and a half, so, well, I'll letcha know, then...
Old 07-18-00, 07:16 PM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a review:

Video:

film is presented in a 16x9 enhanced widescreen transfer that is absolutely clean and without a hint of dust, scratches or any other blemishes. The film’s intricate color scheme is perfectly reproduced with vivid hues that are vibrant and powerful. Never oversaturated, the color saturation of the presentation is perfect, creating an image that is practically leaping off the screen. Not a hint of noise or grain is visible in the presentation, even in the hardest of circumstances.

Blacks are very deep, but never lose definition, and give the picture a lot of depth. Highlights are bold, yet never overexposed, giving the movie a look that is extremely faithful to the film’s original theatrical presentation. I found this transfer without distortion, noise or bleeding. Added with the incredible level of detail found on this transfer and the utter lack of blemishes of any sort, you won’t believe your eyes when you get to see this DVD. No compression artifact or other anomaly can be found on this release it one of the best looking DVDs in the market.

Audio:

Once again, this presentation is among the best I have heard and has reference quality. The frequency response is very wide throughout and without harshness. The bass extension is brutal to say the least, and the clear high ends give the film the right presence to get right in your face. Spatial integration is very good throughout with an incredible transparency.

Oh, I am sorry. That was part of the review from T2U (with edits of course). My guess is that JP will be this and then some. I can't wait for JP DTS. Between that T2U, Braveheart, Toy Story, etc....we shall have a wonderful late summer/early fall!!!

[This message has been edited by JLB (edited July 18, 2000).]
Old 07-18-00, 07:30 PM
Banned

JLB: Thanks for the review.

WHat do you think about the plot / story?

Jonathan
Old 07-19-00, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The first time I saw Jurrassic Park in the theater I was blown away. I was only about 9 so that may have made it seem better but the effects were so awesome that I truly started to believe there were dinosaurs interacting with these people. Though there have been many movies since Jurrasic Park which have shown us CGI better than that of JP, it was JP which was the first to really make you believe what you saw.

Also, this movie terrified me. The scene with the T-Rex in the rain was very scary, and the mood and intensity of that scene is still stuck in my head.

The plot is very good. It never gets too cheesy or unbelievable. And the fact that the dinosaurs look so good really makes you feel for these people as they try to survive. This movie is well worth every penny.

------------------
I am Jack's signature.

My very tiny, but ever-growing DVD list.
Old 07-19-00, 12:47 AM

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

It isn't unbelievable when the kid gets zapped on the 150,000 volt wires and wakes up 10 seconds later?

That scene will always bother me, but I do like the movie.

PS: Anyone interested in a LD of JP?