Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Run Lola Run , good or bad ?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Run Lola Run , good or bad ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-00, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gamblor187 - No your not. The film is well
done but for some reason I just didn't care
for it. Possibly because I didn't like and
couldn't relate to the characters.
Old 07-07-00, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Very good. Requires multiple viewings to truly absorb everything....
Old 07-08-00, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lots of fun.
Definitely not deep.
Highly recommended.
Not really all that Matrix-y, as others have said, but it has a Matrix-y soundtrack, and it appeals to the same sensibilities as the Matrix, I suppose.
Definitely lower budget than the Matrix, and no eye-popping special effects. Sorta comic-book-y, like Matrix.

I agree that anyone who would willingly watch the English-dubbed sountrack of a movie is either a weirdo or doesn't know how to read. I just love when Lola yells out "Scheisse! Scheisse!" (I'm not sure how to spell "scheisse".)

------------------
My Stupid DVD List
Old 07-08-00, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree totally! The english soundtrack is incredibly stupid but the german soundtrack rules. I Love the german!

Candice

quote:<HR>Originally posted by evenswr:
Lots of fun.
Definitely not deep.
Highly recommended.
Not really all that Matrix-y, as others have said, but it has a Matrix-y soundtrack, and it appeals to the same sensibilities as the Matrix, I suppose.
Definitely lower budget than the Matrix, and no eye-popping special effects. Sorta comic-book-y, like Matrix.

I agree that anyone who would willingly watch the English-dubbed sountrack of a movie is either a weirdo or doesn't know how to read. I just love when Lola yells out "Scheisse! Scheisse!" (I'm not sure how to spell "scheisse".)

<HR>

Old 07-09-00, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I was very close to pre-ordering this sight unseen but I was a coward. I rented it & of course wished I'd bought it. I ordered it from Columbia House & then worried that it would lose its impact on repeat viewings. I've watched it 3 times + once with commentary & the third time was just as good as the first. Not only is it a fun movie, it's good for you too. Almost everyone I've watched it with has felt like running when it's over.

Now I just wonder how well the soundtrack will hold up. Parts of it already bug me a little bit. I wish the main song was in German instead of English.
Old 07-09-00, 04:22 PM

evenswr your spelling is absolutly correct!
(you can also spell it with an letter you donīt have in America but this way its fine too).
Actually its funny to see that there is anybody who likes german.
And english dubbing really sucks!
Here in Germany they dubb ALL movies too , but they are pretty good at it( I still watch them all in englisch I still hate dubbing), but I saw about 10 sec. of the dubbing of Das Boot and it was horrible!

------------------
Why am I doing this while I could play DOOM?

[This message has been edited by ronald (edited July 09, 2000).]
Old 07-10-00, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Forgot to say that it's on Cinemax this month for anyone wondering if they should buy it...

[This message has been edited by Lokimok (edited July 10, 2000).]
Old 07-11-00, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

forgot to mention that it kind of emulated movis like pulp fiction and thirteenth floor....you didn't know where you were at any given time and after getting used to that cinematography, the movie grows on you...me...whoever.. land of confusion-genesis.....
Old 07-12-00, 02:06 PM

The movie is great but the dub is terrible. I highly recommend watching this in the original German w/Eng subtitles. The English dub sounds like a parody instead of the emotion felt in the German-language version.
Old 07-12-00, 04:54 PM

This movie blew me away when I saw it in the theatre. Didn't have the same effect on the small screen though. Still happy I bought it though, as I will watch it again.

Who watches movies dubbed? Yuk.

Old 07-13-00, 01:04 AM
GetShorty

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Gamblor187:
Dear Lord! Could I be the only one who didn't like this movie????

jim
<HR>

No, I bought this DVD without ever seeing the movie and promptly traded it away after watching it. I would give it a C. Ingenuity and creativity are not all that it takes to make a good movie, and although RLR had an interesting premise I do not believe the movie is very good at all.