Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

review wanted: Alfred Hitchcock Presents...

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

review wanted: Alfred Hitchcock Presents...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-00, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,299 Likes on 796 Posts
wanted any reviews on the disc that is included in the boxset with Vertigo & psycho.

i have both of those but got them separately & was wondering if the tv show disc in that box is worth it to try to get it. thanks.
Old 06-05-00, 04:38 AM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you like Hitch, you will probably like the disc. It includes 4 of the better episodes of AHP. I recently started watching AHP on TV Land after enjoying the disc so much. I never saw any of those 4 episodes on TV, however, and now TV Land seems to have taken AHP out of the rotation. The episodes I did see were generally not as good as the 4 on the disc, but there were a few I liked.

Anyway, the disc has good video quality and sound (considering the age) and some classic episodes of the show. If you like AH, get it if you can.
Old 06-05-00, 09:15 AM
Topgun94

I had to use ebay to get this one and it was worth it. Some of the best episodes of the show all directed by Hitchcock. A must for fans. No extras by the way, just the 4 shows. Lamb to the Slaughter is my favorite.

------------------
Aaron
"I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous"
DVD
Laserdisc
Old 06-05-00, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,299 Likes on 796 Posts
togun, how much did you pay for it? what do you think a cheap fair price for it is, since it is included in the boxset?
Old 06-05-00, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know if a large Hitchcock set is in the works similar to the 007 one?
Old 06-06-00, 01:51 AM
Topgun94

quote:<HR>Originally posted by brianluvdvd:
togun, how much did you pay for it? what do you think a cheap fair price for it is, since it is included in the boxset?<HR>

I paid $20 (call me an Ebay sucker). I already had Vertigo and Pyscho, so this was the only way to get it without going through the trouble of buying the box set and selling Vertigo and Pyscho myself on ebay. It pops up from time to time on ebay. $20 may be too much to pay, but I was lazy.

------------------
Aaron
"I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous"
DVD
Laserdisc