Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Exorcist 25th Anniversary Special Edition

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Exorcist 25th Anniversary Special Edition

Old 11-21-99, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just watched the 25th Anniversary Special Edition and was extremely pleased with the DVD! The digital remastering of the video was outstanding, especially in the many dark scenes. For the most part this DVD looks as good as those of the last few years and not what you would expect from a 1973 film. The audio is not something to impress but the film just isn't that kind of a "sound film". If you like extra features this has as much as any other DVD I have seen, including a very, very interesting hour and a half documentary on the making of the film.

If you are at all a fan of this movie grab a copy of the 25th Anniversary Edition as it is by far the finist this film has ever looked!
Old 11-21-99, 11:58 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And if you're a hardcore fan of this movie, pick up the Deluxe Boxed Edition, with an original film cel, commemorative book, and original soundtrack CD, like I did! Man, am I a sucker for good marketing!
Old 11-25-99, 01:37 AM

I too thought it was an excellent DVD. I wish I would have bought the box set though.

The commentary was excellent, I didn't know all the freaky things that happen during filming until I watched this DVD.

[This message has been edited by titanic12 (edited 11-24-1999).]
Old 12-18-99, 02:45 PM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was extremely impressed by the extras on this DVD. The commentary track by Friedkin and the "Making of" featurette (an hour and fifteen minutes long) give a good sense of what the movie was really about, and what the filmmakers were trying to do. It also shows that Friedkin was rather a bastard while making the movie--so driven that he didn't care about the health, safety or feelings of the people making the film, but only about the final film itself. It is also the first instance I remember of a commentary that includes a statement that the movie is being put on DVD for the purpose of preserving it for posterity, so the parties were extremely concerned that the version put onto the DVD was the best possible version of the film available. It was.
Old 12-20-99, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Titanic: I've owned the disc for a couple months, but I'm too busy (read: lazy) to listen to the commentary track. Hook us up, man - what freaky s!@# went down during filming?

- David Stein
Old 04-30-00, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 901 Likes on 558 Posts
watched this film & all the extras (except the commentary) this weekend. this is one awesome disc. i forgot how great a movie this is.

transfer & sound is excellent. the documentary, interviews, & all other extras were great. lots of great trailers for the theater & TV.

buy this movie if you have been riding the fence!
Old 05-01-00, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I concur. Excellent DVD of an excellent film.