Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review request for Leaving Las Vegas

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review request for Leaving Las Vegas

Old 04-14-99, 10:40 AM
mikej

I am looking for reviews on this disc. Thanks for any input.

Mike
Old 04-15-99, 11:00 AM
Frank A

I have this disc. MGM did a pretty good job with it. The video transfer is very good. It is enhanced for 16x9 TV's. The sound is DD5.1 and sounds great, as there is alot of music in the movie. The extras are a trailer, production notes, trivia info and a hidden feature: Hit the right arrow key of your remote control in the menu screen. It will highlight one of the playing cards and if you hit “Enter”, it will take you a list containing information about famous actresses who have starred as prostitutes in some of their movies. Also, the DVD features the uncut version of the movie.

Old 04-15-99, 01:06 PM
jakeday

...all that plus it has a nice trivia booklet and the 1.85:1 and the P/S transfers are one side of a RSDL disc.
Old 04-15-99, 02:31 PM
suomynona

If you liked Leaving Las Vegas, I recommend New Line's "One Night Stand". It's Mike Figgis' follow-up to Leaving Las Vegas, and includes a commentary track, from one of the best film directors we have today. Not only a great film, but a great commentary :-) Other goodies on the "One Night Stand" include Mike's isolated music score,
That's the best thing about dvd, if you ask me. If a film has a commentary, I'll probably buy it. Examples of films I might not have bought otherwise, "Lethal Weapon 4", "Thelma & Louise", "A Perfect Murder", "Can't Hardly Wait" (which is hilarious - the creators just slamming their own film - lol)...
Then there are the films that have two or more commentary tracks... "Contact", "Dark City", "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Platoon"... etc.

103 titles... 27 more ordered & on the way...

I am addicted...
I need help!
m.
Old 03-16-00, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Frank A:
Also, the DVD features the uncut version of the movie.
<HR>

Could somebody please describe the differences between the Theatrical and the uncut versions.