Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Misery

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-99, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Misery with Kathy Bates and James Caan available on DVD? If so, what's the DVD like? Good audio? Enhanced for widescreen TVs? Any extras?

Stuart
Old 12-26-99, 11:50 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The MISERY DVD, like KALIFORNIA, was released by Polygram Home Video, which means that it has been out-of-print since early June. If you do track it down, know that it is a single-sided, dual-layered disc offering both the 1.85:1 widescreen and 1.33:1 pan-and-scan versions, accessible through the main menu. The video is not 16 X 9 enhanced, but the image is clear, and only slight scratches or dirt are present. The disc features only Dolby Surround 2.0 audio--clean and clear, but no workout for your speakers. The only extras are the film's original teaser and trailer. Having said all of this, I'm a big fan of the movie, so I'm oh-so-tickled to own the DVD.

www.dvdtracker.com/~filmmaker
www.laserdisctracker.com/~filmmaker.asp
Old 12-26-99, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered Misery from Canshop.com not really sure if they have it but atleast it doesnt say backordered like at CDnow.com after you order it, so I canceled it there. Will wait and see. I had this title in my hands at a local retail store probably in the last 3-4 weeks not knowing it was OOP. Went to every store I could think of on xmas eve but couldnt find it. good luck.
Old 12-27-99, 01:37 PM

I would love to own this movie. I've been keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of a future 16X9 special edition... please oh please!

------------------
Go Colts!
Old 12-27-99, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Filmmaker's review is quite accurate. I have the disc and I'm glad that I do. By the way, I think the trailer is one of the best I've ever seen.

--Heather