Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

D3K Films "His Girl Friday" Warning

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

D3K Films "His Girl Friday" Warning

Old 12-18-99, 09:57 AM
ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WARNING - I just received my copy of this DVD and it's horrible. It so bad that it makes Madacy's DVD's look like Criterion transfers. The print that D3K used is in very poor condition and the transfer is very very soft. I compared it to a VHS dub, which I recorded off TMC last year, and the dub looks excellent compared to the DVD.
Old 12-21-99, 04:45 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the warning. D3K is putting out some movies I'd love to have, but if they're that poor, I'll save my $.
Old 12-21-99, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I havent seen the title you mentioned but I think Death Rides a Horse put out by a canadian company called Direct Source special products INC. is worse. Its worse than any VHS in both picture and sound than anything I have ever seen. It was only 5.99 and I got laugh out of it, anyways.
Old 12-24-99, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*sigh* I was looking forward to that movie as I liked both of its smart sassy leads. I'll wait and see if I can go convince someone at Blockbuster to put it on the monitor prior to renting.

------------------
my slowly growing dvd collection
Old 12-24-99, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Anyone know if ALL D3K films are lousy transfers? They have some interesting titles in their catalogue, but I've no wish to give my money to a company that puts out sub-par work.
Old 12-25-99, 08:42 AM

Delta Entertainment (I believe Delta is part of LaserLight) released this movie on DVD as well. The Delta version is pretty good. It is usualy available for around $10.00 at CC and BB.

Mike
Old 12-27-99, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Of all the companies that release "public domain" films (Madacy, D3K, Delta/Laserlight), the only one that is worth a damn is Delta/Laserlight. They did a great job on the British Hitchcocks and some of their other titles are decent as well.

Always go with the Delta version, if you have a choice (which you do with His Girl Friday).