Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

House on Haunted Hill

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-99, 09:22 AM
deathstick

Anyone know of any sound problems with the WB House on Haunted Hill DVD? At around 18 minutes into the movie, the sound totally cut out, and never came back. It IS, after all, a Dolby mono soundtrack, but I have no idea what the problem is. I've got a Panasonic A-310 and it's not the player, because I watched Mirrorball right after.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your time
Old 11-06-99, 05:06 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Someone else got this disc? ;-) Kewl. Um, I watched mine the other night on my Sony DVD player ... no probs with the disc. Really enjoyed the movie. So much so, I rented "The Tingler" from Netflix ... and that was so much fun, I had to order a copy of that for my collection also. I hope you figure out your problem. -N!

------------------
MY DVDs: A study in addiction
THE FAKE NEWS: An e-zine for NORM MACDONALD fans

Old 11-06-99, 05:12 PM
deathstick

Thanks Noel.......it seems to have come and gone, for some reason. I watched about 45 minutes into the movie, and the sound stayed this time, although at one point it crackled and sounded as if it was gone again, it came back, and there were no problems after that.
As for The Tingler.....i bought that yesterday, too. $17.99 each for them was a great deal, seeing as Columbia released an Anamorphic disc, with some cool stuff on it, as well. As for rigging your home theatre for the Percepto effect, i have a few ideas, but nothing i can post in the forum, if you know what i mean lol. Happy Viewing!!!
Old 11-09-99, 10:38 PM
Banned

I saw the current version of the movie in the theatre last week. In my opinion it was good. Never saw the old version, maby I'll check that out.

------------------
www.CashSavingDeals.com

Old 11-10-99, 12:44 PM
ed

If you're a William Castle\Vincent Price fan "The Tingler" is also fun and the transfer is very good. I can remember watching both of these movies at a Saturday matinee when I was a child. As an adult, I still check under my bed each evening before retiring.

[This message has been edited by ed (edited 11-10-1999).]
Old 11-10-99, 01:23 PM

If you're picking up a copy of HoHH, might as well get the Roan version with 'The Bat' on the flip-side.
Old 11-12-99, 04:55 PM
ed

Zipp, I read over at dvdfile.com that Warner's DVD release of "House on Haunted Hill" looks better then Roan's version.

[This message has been edited by ed (edited 11-12-1999).]