Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Night Of the Living Dead 1990 is awesome

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Night Of the Living Dead 1990 is awesome

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-99, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got this pre-order a day early from old reliable, DVDExpress. With all the negative press on Anchor Bay's 30th anniversary version of the original, I didn't want anyone to overlook this gem. Columbia did everything right on this one, 16x9 enhanced on one side, full frame on the other. This is important since the full frame actually has more image, 16x9 is just matted. Tom Savini's commentary, while self-congradulatory is interesting, And the featurette, which compares a lot of scenes to corresponding ones in the orginal, is better than usual. It shows quick snips of violence that hit the cutting room floor. More would have been nice, since we know it exists, but oh well . I ran my old laserdisc and flipped back and forth. I always thought the laserdisc was good, but this DVD blows it away. You can see every bead of sweat on Tony Todd's face. The cover art won't help sell this one though. Looks cheap-not unique like the laserdisc jacket. Don't hesitate! Buy It!