Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

True Crime...Not so good (some mild spoilers)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

True Crime...Not so good (some mild spoilers)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-99, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy, this was a title that I really wanted to see in the theaters. I am a huge Clint Eastwood fan and was sorry to have missed it. Then I eagerly awaited the dvd. Now I'm sorry to have wasted the effort.

I could not believe how bad most of the acting was, including Clint's and how bad much or most of the dialogue was.

There were other problems. James Woods played his character way over the top. His performance was a caricature, Dennis Leary stumbled and hesitated on several lines.

Most characters were poorly developed and also playing caricatures. Also there was enough sexual banter and harassment to bring major major lawsuits to the company.

Since when would the warden pal around in the open yard, tossing sandwiches, etc around? The guards were mostly buffoons. How about the one lying under the covers to scare someone in the death chamber?

I could go on and on I'm so disappointed with this movie. Maybe it's time for Clint to either direct or act, not do both. Plus his production company was behind the movie. I'm sure there were more than a few distractions there also.

Ron

------------------
My DVD list