Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

wanted: 'take the money and run'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

wanted: 'take the money and run'

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-99, 05:32 PM
jakeday

one of my fav woody allen films...i think his first. will buy it at a cheap price...just want to know how the transfer looks...thanks

------------------
-jake
Old 06-21-99, 12:10 AM
Bugg

There is a touch of grain in a few spots, But overall this disc really does look much better than I had expected, Colors are pretty vivid and don't exhibit bleeding, and the overall image was pretty sharp and detailed. Overall I am very pleased with this disc and now feel that Anchor bay have completly gotten their act together.

One thing about this disc that struck me as a little odd is the fact that it includes both the Widescreen and Fullframe transfers, The reason that I found this to be rather odd was because the film only has a widesreen aspect ratio of 1.66. Seems like the fullframe version was a waste of time because even the few people who don't like letterboxing, are not apt to get upset over watching a movie with such barely noticable black bands.

The sound is in mono, but that's fine with me, as this movie would not have gained anything from being in stereo. And the mono mix seems pretty clean for a film of 30 years.

The disc does lack any sort of extras, but being that that is one of your favorite Woody Allen films, I feel safe recommending this disc

------------------
>>Brian Lawrence<<

http://www.dvdtracker.com/~Bugg.asp

Old 06-21-99, 07:21 PM
The Zizz

there's a detailed review of this at www.lightviews.com/dvddish.htm
Old 06-22-99, 08:42 PM
jakeday

thanks a lot.......just wanted to make sure it wasn't some cheezy-looking disc.....will pick it up after my check book recover from the deluge of dvds...(kubrick, ghostbusters...)

------------------
-jake