Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Sounder (2003)'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-03, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Don Houston's DVD review of Sounder (2003) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=6763 and...
....you said "The acting of the original was excellent whereas the people here often could've phoned in their lines as often as not. If it's unfair to compare the rich and full abilities of the original performers to the largely unknown cast here, so be it."
Well I didn't see the original and doubt if I ever will and I thought it was an interesting movie. I give them vast credit for casting in that the dog was the fugliest critter I've ever seen! I got the messages too, especially the one that kept saying over and over again that all white Southern lawmen were cut from the same dough. I liked the momma a lot though and her take on life was right on. She even inspired me to make a cake and that almost never happens! As usual, I leave all the educated nit-picking to you and just say it wasn't the worst movie I saw that day, for sure.