DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Jaws

Old 06-10-01, 01:22 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tercel_w_Double5
Almost as good as Deep Blue Sea, IMO!
[/B]
Jaws was a good movie, don't get me wrong.....but so basic. ...on the other hand DBS just had much more suspense and the special effects, well there wasn't a comparison! ....and the overall story was better.
[/B][/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-01, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by THX 1138

Jaws was a good movie, don't get me wrong.....but so basic. ...on the other hand DBS just had much more suspense and the special effects, well there wasn't a comparison! ....and the overall story was better.

my .03
[/B][/QUOTE]

This has to be one of the more depressing posts I've read on this forum. Get a clue, fella. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just my opinion! Jaws was just to basic, while DBS had more of a plot! ....I found the whole "research" in DBS to be pretty interesting. And I like Samuel Jackson as well.
Oh well, sue me! You guys are probably old farts who grew up on Jaws
Old 06-10-01, 06:46 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just my opinion! Jaws was just to basic, while DBS had more of a plot! ....I found the whole "research" in DBS to be pretty interesting. And I like Samuel Jackson as well.
Oh well, sue me! You guys are probably old farts who grew up on Jaws [/B]
I'm 20, and it's one of my favorites of all time. (I mean Jaws, definitely not dbs.)
Old 06-10-01, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oh well, sue me! You guys are probably old farts who grew up on Jaws [/B]
I am only 22 and it is almost elementary to see that Jaws is the better film. I obviously love Sam Jackson (my quote) but come on homie Deep Blue Sea was weak as hell.

Look at it this way, you know a movie is good when they build a ride at Universal Studios after it. hehe

E.T., Men in Black, Jaws, T2, Back to the Future...
Old 06-10-01, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DBS had a plot ? I must have missed that bit. maybe it was subliminal.....
Old 06-11-01, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So other than the sound, is there any differences in extras between the 2 versions ?

The DTS version is cheaper than the DD version on Amazon so I'm wonder if anything is missing ?

Thanks

Old 06-12-01, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by THX 1138

my .03

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
Hell, DEEP BLUE SEA is probably more in sync to your generation, cause I myself grew up on JAWS.

But REALLY!

JAWS is a FAR superior film. It's a film that you could study in film class for its camera technique, character development, and use of music.

DEEP BLUE SEA, on the other hand, has no aesthetic quality whatsoever. Its DVD is what I'd use a coaster for my drinks or a frisbee for my dog.

Even when seen solely as a popcorn movie, JAWS beats DBS by a mile. EASILY.
Old 06-12-01, 01:22 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dazed:
So other than the sound, is there any differences in extras between the 2 versions ?

The DTS version is cheaper than the DD version on Amazon so I'm wonder if anything is missing ?

Unlike many of the early DTS vs. DD 5.1 titles, the DTS version has absolutely [/i]everything[/i] featured on the DD 5.1 disc (except for a DD 5.1 track, of course ) and adds a DD 2.0 track that is nowhere to be found on the DD 5.1 version. Quite simply, there is no salient reason to spend your money on the DD 5.1 disc...

[Edited by Filmmaker on 06-12-01 at 11:26 AM]
Old 06-12-01, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dazed

Thanks

there are actually 3 versions. There was a later pan and scan release, so make sure you stay away from that one.

as already said, of the two widescreen versions, there are no differences other than the sound format.