Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

technics dvd players...do they play cdr's?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

technics dvd players...do they play cdr's?

Old 01-12-01, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there any Technics/Panasonic DVD players that play CDR's? I have the 120 and it is a great player, but doesn't play my homemade music mixes. I have a technics system so I would really like to stay with Panasonic/technics dvd player. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-01, 04:09 PM

I have a panasonic 310. doesnt play cdrs but it plays CDRWs just fine.
Old 01-12-01, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The majority of DVD players currently on the market do not play CD-R's. The only brand where all the models do is Pioneer. THe Apex also does. My recommendation would be to go with a Pioneer player if you need CD-R capability. They are also generally a better brand then Technics and Panasonic WRT DVD players.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 01-13-01, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

oh boy.. i'm in a bind...

i just ordered a video capture card, so i can start transferring some vhs tapes to vcd.. my first dvd player was an apex (ad600a), and it played vcd-r's, so i assumed that since most (all?) dvd players play vcds, they must play vcd-r's too...

i decided to upgrade to a 5-disc panasonic dvd-cv50u.. i read this post today, and thought i'd try an audio cd-r... no luck.. got happy when my ps2 played the audio cd-r, and thought i was ok.. found an old vcd-r and popped it in the panasonic - nothing... tried it in the ps2 - nothing.. ps2 doesn't even play vcds! agh!

so am i stuck? the card should be here any day, and i'm still looking forward to transferring a bunch of stuff... but am i now stuck to watching the discs only on my computer monitor???