Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Audio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-00, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night I was watching Total Recall on my Sony 530 DVD player going through my Harman Kardon AVR500 and in the middle of the movie I started to get distortion in the audio. I turned off the dvd player and the problem was still there until I turned off the receiver as well. I know that the Sony is notorious of having problems with the lip sync problems but was wondering if anyone else have had problems with distortion as well. I think that the Sony cannot handle the amount of information on some DVDs since the earlier disks never had this much information as we get on movies now. I just hope that the problem is not with the receiver.
Damn.
Old 04-24-00, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Look and see if the disc is dirty.
Old 04-24-00, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the distortion continued after you turned the dvd player off, then I would suspect the processor in the reciever may have acted up. It could have been a fluke, or it may be a problem with the reciever.

Unless it happens again, I wouldn't worry about it. If it does happen again, try to test your reciever with another dvd player. Judging from the model, it should still be under warranty.