Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Getting a new receiver - Onkyo or Denon?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Getting a new receiver - Onkyo or Denon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Getting a new receiver - Onkyo or Denon?

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Well my quest for a new receiver finally came to an end today. I ended up getting a Pioneer Elite SC-05 from 6ave.com for $700 brand new shipped with their "name your price sale." Thanks again for all of your imput guys.
Yeah, me too, I decided that for the price point, I wasn't going to find anything better, and I was happy with the thought of spending $700 on an Emotiva pre/pro that might not even show up for another 3-6 months judging by all silence from them.
Old 06-08-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, I just got my receiver delivered (to my work address) today, that was pretty fast for ground (but I live on the same coast as 6Ave). It's a hefty beast!
Old 06-09-09, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Took me about 3 hours, but I've finally finished re-wiring my HT gear rack with the new receiver in place. I was able to rid my set up of a small box of cables after going with 3 HDMI connections (previously using component video cables and also 5.1 analog audio cables for 2 of them). I still need to add in the Wii and I have room for a couple of other pieces if I finally get rid of the VCR. I was all set to be done with the VCR, but currently I have room, and I like using it as a clock in the room for now. Whew, I'm tired!