DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Receivers that support HDMI audio...

Old 05-22-07, 07:52 PM

Receivers that support HDMI audio...

If anyone can offer any information about what receivers currently on the market offer the option of HDMI audio for listening to PCM tracks on Blu-Ray discs, I'd appreciate it. I can't seem to get anywhere with anyone at my local stores, and while the Internet does provide some good reviews of equipment, the ones I've read don't seem to have much to say about this particular aspect. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-23-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know my Denon 4806 does. You may want to check this thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=483604

This is kind of a new feature, but receivers with HDMI audio are starting to pop up here and there for fairly affordable pricing.

You don't need HDMI for PCM tracks if your receiver and BD player have analog 5.1-7.1 jacks, as you can get it that way as well.
Old 05-23-07, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Harman/Kardon AVR-247 does HDMI audio. You can find it at Best Buy. Also, the new Onkyo 605 does TrueHD and can be found at Circuit City, well, when it is released.
Old 05-29-07, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Onkyo seems like a good choice (when available). Maybe I will upgrade everything if I get a new TV...
Old 05-29-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

the one in my sig does.
Old 05-29-07, 04:18 PM
Suspended

Yep, the Onkyo 605 seems like the awesome choice. $399 preordered with HDMI1.3 and HDMI switching. You can't beat that.