Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Service menu!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service menu!!

Can anybody help me access my service menu on my samsung spr4232.It has been serviced twice and samsung is saying it is within specs.Someone said it was more than likely red push which can be corrected through the service menu.Any help would be greatly app.
Old 06-27-06, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have a samsung so I can't help you there, but usually forums like AVS will have discussions telling you how to do this.

Warning, TV's where you can't just access the service menu off the bat, means if you tamper with it you void the warranty. A color fix like the red push fix won't make a difference, but you mess with the wrong settings and you could potentially turn your TV into a big paperweight.
Old 06-27-06, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks.But samsung is not honoring the warranty anyway.They say that the purple reddish hue on dark scenes are normal and within specs.
Old 07-04-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, even if they aren't honoring your warranty, the problem is you would have a picture that could be completely un-usable to anyone with any tastes. You through a service menu, could really really mess up your TV. There's usually so much in a service menu and it's all coded so if you don't know what value it is you're changing, you may never figure it out again in the long run without having somebody come change it professionally for a hefty sum.