Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Home Theater Help needed (simple question)

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 11-16-04, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I need a little Home Theater setup help.
My friend has his heart set on purchasing an LG home theater system from Best Buy (link to system provided). Already I can tell that the system has almost no inputs/outputs. He has a basic 32" TV (not widescreen or HDTV), a Cablevision iO box, and a Sony PS2. It looks like I can pull off a simple configuration with ease by hooking the PS2 directly to the TV, TV to the cable box, and the TV to the theater system. Does that sound correct?

Im also assuming I would just need some gold plated video/audio cables to hook the TV to the system with, right? Please post responses asap as he wants to get the system today. Thanks.

LG Home Theater System
Old 11-16-04, 10:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cable box hooks in to the theater system (if the cable box has component). The theater system hooks in to the Tv (video only.) PS2 connects directly to the Tv, since the theater system is SEVERLY lacking in inputs.

Try to get all the audio you can running through the theater system, even if you connect the audio to the thater and the video to the tv. That way you can use the speakers and sub from the theater system.

And smack your friend while telling them to get a system with more inputs next time.